Luxury Group Accommodation In The Lake District
By Mary Mason
At Herdwick Cottages, we understand that it is not easy to find fantastic group accommodation in the Lake District that has everything you need, whilst also being a great location.
So, that is why we would like to tell you all about Ellie’s Lodge. This is one of the best large cottages you will find in Cumbria. It is located in the beautiful market town of Ulverston and it really does have it all!
Now, let us explain why Ellie’s Lodge is just perfect for a group getaway, a family holiday or a short break…
It’s like staying in your very own exclusive hotel
Ellie’s Lodge is a stunning three-storey detached country house located on the outskirts of Ulverston.
What is truly unique about this accommodation is that it actually used to be a hotel. This is great as it means that you have all the comforts of a beautiful hotel, whilst also enjoying the lovely relaxed atmosphere which comes from having the entire place to yourselves.
The property was fully renovated to a high standard in 2018 – the interior design is stunning and has a great modern feel, whilst still holding onto its delightful country charm.
You won’t believe the amazing facilities at Ellie’s Lodge
The facilities at Ellie’s Lodge are amazing – it has everything that you could possibly need and more!
There are 12 luxury bedrooms, all with en-suite facilities. This makes it super comfortable as everyone has their own space. There are lots of thoughtful touches in the bedrooms including feather duvets and beautiful plush furnishings.
One of the bedrooms has been specifically designed for wheelchair access, so is perfect for anyone with limited mobility.
Leisure suite with sauna:
The Leisure suite is a wonderful space where you can relax and chill out with friends and family, or perhaps do a bit of exercise or yoga. It even has a sauna for the ultimate relaxation experience.
Private rear garden/patio area, complete with hot tub:
Outside the property is a private rear garden with a patio and a spacious grass area – the perfect space for children to enjoy themselves and burn off some energy.
The accommodation has its very own hot tub which guests just love – it is great for relaxing in, perhaps after a walk in the hills. The outdoor area provides a lovely spot for enjoying a BBQ on a sunny day – or why not arrange for caterers to come in to look after you all so that everyone can kick back, relax and enjoy themselves.
Entertainment area with bar:
Now this is something that is truly unique about this accommodation – there is a brilliant entertainment area which is just perfect for a party or celebratory event. It has its very own bar, a great sound system, dartboard and pool table – the ultimate space for an amazing party.
A large modern kitchen which comes with all the appliances that you would expect. There are two ovens, two induction hobs, two fridge freezers and it even comes with two dishwashers – no need to worry about who will do the washing up.
Open-plan living area:
This is the ultimate cosy area where everyone can relax and chill out – it has lovely plush sofas, a wood-burning stove and a large 60” smart TV.
Open-plan dining area:
Enjoy a lovely relaxed meal in this spacious area – it has a banquet-style table and leads out onto the beautiful garden.
In a perfect location in the market town of Ulverston
The accommodation is located on the outskirts of the historic market town of Ulverston which is easily accessible by both car and public transport – the house is just a 10-minute walk from the town centre. The town is built around a main cobbled street and has a wonderful selection of independent shops, cafes, restaurants and pubs with cosy warm fires. So, take a stroll around the town and take in all that it has to offer.
Plus, just 2 miles down the road, is the small farming and fishing village of Bardsea which has a shingle and sand beach with stunning views over Morecambe Bay – a location which is perfect for coastal walks.
Ulverston is often described as a festival town as lots of exciting events take place throughout the year. Looking ahead to 2020, here is a selection of some of the events taking place:
- South Cumbria Musical Festival – 15 March 2020 – 20 March 2020
- Printfest, Ulverston – first weekend in May 2020
- Spring Buddhist Festival – 22 May 2020 – 27 May 2020
- Ulverston International Music Festival – 19 June 2020 – 27 June 2020
- Ulverston Beer Festival – 3 September 2020 – 5 September 2020
- Ulverston Lantern Festival – Sept 2020
- Dickensian Christmas Festival – Nov 2020
Lots of nearby visitor attractions to explore
Cumbria and the Lake District has many fantastic visitor attractions – there is something for everyone.
Here is a selection of some great attractions that are on the doorstep:
- Cumbrian Cow Ice Cream – No holiday is complete without a delicious ice-cream! Sample the delights available at this ice cream parlour located on a farm. They also serve delicious milkshakes, waffles, sundaes, cakes and coffee.
- South Lakes Safari Zoo – Visit this unique zoo and see lots of animals in natural environments.
- Lakes Aquarium – See an extensive range of native marine and freshwater fish at this amazing aquarium.
- South Walney Nature Reserve – Well worth a visit – this shingle island reserve is brilliant for bird watching and is home to the only grey seal colony in Cumbria.
- Foulshaw Moss – See beautiful Ospreys at this nature reserve which they use as a nesting site.
- Lakeland Motor Museum – Explore this fantastic museum which contains an impressive collection of over 30,000 exhibits.
- Laurel and Hardy Museum – Visit this world-famous museum devoted to the comedy duo act – Englishman Stan Laurel and American Oliver Hardy.
- Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway – Take a trip on this scenic railway, taking in the stunning views of the Levens Valley.
- Manjushri Kadampa Meditation Centre – Experience this internationally renowned centre for meditation, located in an idyllic peaceful location – find your balance and inner peace.
- Stott Park Bobbin Mill (English Heritage) – Visit the only working bobbin mill in the Lake District which has produced millions of wooden bobbins over the years which have been essential to the spinning and weaving industries in Lancashire.
The perfect base for exploring the beautiful Lake District
Ellie’s Lodge provides an ideal base for exploring the beautiful Lake District – there so many places for you to explore – here are just a few places that you might wish to visit:
Coniston – 15 miles away
Coniston is a beautiful village located between Coniston Water and the Coniston Fells. It is in the heart of the Lake District and is perfect for those who love outdoor pursuits such as walking, cycling and climbing. Coniston Water is one the largest lakes in Cumbria and you can hire boats and bikes form the Coniston Boating Centre.
Bowness-on-Windermere – 17 miles away
Bowness-on-Windermere is the Lake District’s most popular tourist destination, on the shore of Windermere lake. It is a beautiful picturesque town where you can enjoy watersports and boating activities. Or, you may prefer to just relax and take in the stunning scenery.
Ambleside – 22 miles away
Ambleside is a small town popular with tourists. There are lots of shops, cafes, restaurants and a cinema. Or, why not enjoy a Windermere Lakes Cruise to Bowness or Lakeside pier near Newby Bridge.
Keswick – 39 miles away
Why not head to the north of the Lake District and visit Keswick, a picturesque market town. There is a wide range of attractions for you to enjoy, lots of shops, restaurants, museums and boating trips around lake Derwentwater.
So, if you are looking for some unique accommodation for a group/family holiday, don’t miss out on an opportunity to stay at Ellie’s Lodge. You are sure to have a fantastic memorable experience whether that is a relaxing family break, an exhilarating action-packed holiday with friends or perhaps a hen/stag weekend – whatever the occasion, this accommodation is just perfect. Here is full detailed information about Ellie’s Lodge – just check out the photos – this place is amazing!
To find out more about this accommodation, just get in touch with us at Herdwick Cottages – we are happy to answer any of your questions. Being a family-run business based in Cumbria, we have lots of local knowledge so if you need to know more about the area, we would love to help.