Modern first-floor apartment with open-plan living
24 Tanners Yard is a beautifully modern two-bedroom apartment situated in one of Kendal's well-known yards – Tanners Yard which is a characterful pedestrian lane – the only one of Kendal's historical lanes that leads directly from Highgate to the River Kent.
Historically, local confectioner and baker, Walter Rigg, purchased the building in the 1920s. It remained as a bakery until 1986 when it was bought by the Christadelphians. The church sold the property in 2019. It has since been renovated and developed by the current owner into two high-spec, eco-apartments – 23 and 24 Tanners Yard Apartments. The building retains its original facade on Tanner's Yard, next to the famous Snuff Works.
The central location of 24 Tanners Yard makes it an ideal base from which to visit the high street with its many bars and restaurants + the Brewery Arts Centre or visit Windermere and the Central Lakes via the hourly 555 Lakes Explorer Bus.
- Two large bedrooms sleeping up to 5: one king bed, two singles, one trundle (4 beds in total)
- Two bathrooms, one with bath and over-bath shower, one with shower, heated towel rails
- Intelirad smart electric heaters throughout
- Fully integrated kitchen with: induction hob, single oven, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washer-dryer, kettle, toaster, Nespresso coffee machine, French press, cutlery, pans and utensils
- Dining table for 6 and a high chair
- Clothes dryer, iron and board
- 50 inch Smart LG TV, WiFi
- Private recessed secure entrance with hallway, staircase and secure front door with outside lighting.
- Space for bikes, coat hooks, boot racks
- Private weekly waste removal and greener processing: refuse derived fuel, giving 98% landfill diversion
Things To Note
- Bedding and towels are provided as is a starter supply of essentials including loo roll, dishwasher tablets.
- CCTV covers the entrance to the apartment.
- Parking is available in the adjacent pay & display car park, 3-day tickets cost ±£16.00.
- Both 23 Tanners Yard & 24 Tanners Yard Apartments can be hired together and linked together via the private internal hallway.
About The Location
The central location of 24 Tanners Yard is ideal for exploring Kendal and the bus links to the Central Lakes and beyond mean you can leave the car!
Kendal is easily accessible from the M6 motorway, or you can travel by train using the West coast Mainline between London Euston and Glasgow Central.
Windermere is 8-miles away by car, or you can use the bus and train service too. From Windermere you can hop onboard one of the Windermere Cruises up to the popular village of Ambleside or down to Lakeside for the Aquarium and the Haverthwaite Steam Train.
- Baby and Toddler Friendly
- Bed Linen Provided
- Central Heating
- Family Friendly
- Golf Nearby
- Pub within 1 Mile
- Tumble Dryer
- Walks nearby
- Washing Machine
Book this listing
- The price includes bed linen and towels, WiFi, electricity and services.
- A travel cot and high chair are available on request.
- Arrival days are Monday or Friday
Deposit & Payment Details
- A 30% deposit is required to place a booking. The balance will be due 60 days prior to arrival.
- Bookings made within 60 days of arrival will require full payment at the time of booking.