Beautiful Cottage nestled in natural woodland, near Cartmel Village
A former derelict stone building, originally thought to have been a coal house, has been spectacularly renovated to offer very comfortable accommodation with its own drive and secluded raised woodland garden, making it a really picturesque location all the year-round.
The back door of the cottage is just a few yards from the owners' home but still feels entirely separate as, through the front door, it has its own garden and is not overlooked: you are assured a genuinely peaceful and relaxing setting for your holiday home.
Green Tourism Gold Award:
The cottage has been designed on sustainable lines: there are solar panels on-site, and the underfloor heating comes from the ground source. Even the materials used have been sourced sustainably: a dying pine tree was felled, cut into planks, stored and dried naturally over time and has been used to make all the doors, skirting boards and most of the stairs. Floors are made from rich walnut wood.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms:
Broughton Bank Cottage sleeps 4 guests in a double bedroom with handmade wooden Forest Bed on the second floor and twin bedroom on the third floor. A bright bathroom with bath and handheld showerhead, loo and WC is on the ground floor with a second shower room, with basin and WC on the 3rd floor.
Guests will enjoy the large lawned garden with exceptional views over the Offering magnificent views over the surrounding fells, and of the sea which is just 3 miles away. Shops and other facilities are available a mile away in Cartmel.
A scenic walk along a quiet lane is Cartmel village (1.2 miles), known for its old-world appeal, is built around an ancient Priory. Although the Village is relatively small, it boasts a racecourse, pubs and restaurants including L'Enclume with its 2 Michelin stars, and many shops including the famous Sticky Toffee Pudding shop. There are even speciality shops including a cheese shop and a bakery.
The well-known Motor Museum which now on the old Blue factory site at Backbarrow. Grange-over-Sands, a Victorian resort 3 miles to the south-east, has more facilities. To the North are the central Lakes within easy driving distance, with the Windermere Steamers leaving from Lakeside, which itself can be reached from nearby Haverthwaite using the Haverthwaite steam railway
Things to note:
- Broughton Bank Cottage is available throughout the year.
- Arrival days are on Monday, Tuesday or Friday and a minimum of a three-night stay applies.
- The Cottage is ideal for families and great for kids.
- A maximum of two dogs are permitted free of charge.
- Towels and bed linen are provided as well as comfy feather duvet's. (Hypoallergenic duvets and pillows are available on request.
- The cottage is not wheelchair friendly due to the age and layout over three floors.
Broughton Bank Cottage is just 20-minutes from J36 of the M6 Motorway. Locally is the well-known Motor Museum which now on the old Blue factory site at Backbarrow. Grange-over-Sands, a Victorian resort 3 miles to the south-east, has more facilities. To the North are the central Lakes within easy driving distance, with the Windermere Steamers leaving from Lakeside, which itself can be reached from nearby Haverthwaite using the Haverthwaite steam railway.
Book this listing
- The rental price includes electricity, central heating, bed linen and towels.
- Up to two well-behaved dogs are welcome.
- A travel cot is available on request.
Deposit & Payment Details:
- A deposit of 25% is required when booking in order to confirm your booking. The balance will be due no later than 60 days prior to arrival.
- Bookings made within 60 days of arrival will require full payment at the time of booking.
- Check In4:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests4
- Bed Linen Provided
- Central Heating
- Dogs permitted
- Family Friendly
- Log Burner / Fireplace
- Pub within 1 Mile
- Tumble Dryer
- Walks nearby
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Accessible