Characterful 4-bedroom cottage with games room and great outside space (Pet-friendly)
Carhullan is a magnificent stone cottage situated high on Bampton Common, just 4 miles from Shap and 11 miles from Penrith. Decorated to a high spec with a contemporary finish the cottage oozes charm and warmth. Many of the original features including exposed wooden beams and wooden flooring is still visible.
Sleeping up to 10 people in 4 bedrooms (one of which is a family room for 4), guests will also benefit from two sitting rooms, both with a log burning stoves and a superb open-plan dining and kitchen area complete with dining table and breakfast island.
Outside, the lawned garden & patio area with gas BBQ & 6-seat Hot Tub is a wonderful space to enjoy the spectacular scenery and morning-to-afternoon sunshine (on those sunnier days). There are plenty of walks available from your doorstep including High Street to Ullswater and the quieter Eastern fells.
Adjoining the cottage is the converted barn now providing a games room complete with pool table and beer-fridge.
The nearest village is Bampton which has a village store & tea room and a superb pub called the Crown & Mitre which serves good food and real ale (Booking advised)
Carhullan is Dog-Friendly and Child-Friendly.
- Lounge: Open plan with Freesat TV, DVD, video, CD and a large wood-burning stove.
- Kitchen/Diner: With electric Aga, dishwasher, two wine racks and microwave.
- Utility room: With fridge/freezer, Baby Belling cooker, washing machine, and tumble dryer.
- Sitting Room: With a wood-burning stove, TV with BT Vision package and DVD player.
- Shower Room: With power shower, WC, bidet, and washbasin.
- Bedroom 1: With 17th Century four-poster bed.
- Bathroom: With bath, WC and washbasin (this Jack & Jill bathroom may be used as an en-suite for bedroom 1 or shared with bedroom 2)
- Bedroom 2: With twin beds (can be zipped together to make a super king-size bed).
- Bedroom 3: With double bed and en-suite with power shower, WC and washbasin.
- Bedroom 4: With super-king size bed (can be split into two single beds), bunk beds in the curtained annexe, baby cot and en-suite with power shower, WC, bidet, and washbasin.
- Outside: Lawned garden and garden seating.
- Force8 Master Spa – 6 Seat Hot Tub .
- Ample parking. Telephone for incoming calls. 2 Pets welcome
- Broadband Wi-Fi
About The Location
Restaurants, Markets & Stores:
Bampton Tea Room, Bampton – 1.5 miles
Bampton Village Store, Bampton – 1.5 miles
Crown & Mitre Inn – 3 miles
Punch Bowl, Askam – 4 miles
The Greyhound Hotel, Shap – 4 miles
Coop Convenience Store, Shap – 4 miles
Sainsbury's, Penrith – 11 miles
Most Popular Attractions:
Windermere – 14.3 miles
Derwentwater – 14.4 miles
Grizedale Forest – 15.2 miles
Scafell Pike – 18.4 miles
Brough Castle – 18.8 miles
Buttermere -19.3 miles
Lowther Castle & Gardens + kids adventure park – 4 miles
Rheged Activity Centre & IMAX – 7 miles
Book this listing
- Bed linen, towels and toiletries are provided as is fuel.
- A travel cot and high chair are available on request.
- Outside Hot Tub
- Short breaks are available/minimum two-night stay.
Deposit & Payment Details
- A 30% deposit is required when booking in order to confirm your booking. The balance will be due no later than 60 days prior to arrival.
- Bookings made within 60 days of arrival will require full payment at the time of booking.
- Check In3:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests10
- Baby and Toddler Friendly
- Bed Linen Provided
- Central Heating
- Dogs permitted
- Family Friendly
- Hot Tub
- Log Burner / Fireplace
- Sleeps 10+
- Tumble Dryer
- Walks nearby
- Washing Machine