3-Bedroom terraced cottage with views of the Church and River Kent
Church View Cottage is a wonderful, family-friendly and dog-friendly self-catering cottage within walking distance of Kendal Town Centre and its many shops, restaurants and bars, museums and the Brewery Arts Centre. The traditional stone terraced cottage overlooks St George’s Parish Church and diagonally onto Gooseholme park and the River Kent.
The cottage is conveniently close to Kendal Train Station and Bus Station with links to Windermere, Ambleside and further afield to Keswick as well as London, Manchester and Scotland via Oxenholme Station on the West Coast mainline, which makes it perfect for walkers who wish to explore the Lakes or Fells.
The Cottage includes:
- Living room with parquet flooring, sofa and a settee, wall-mounted TV and decorative fireplace. View to the front and onto St George’s Parish Church.
- Kitchen with fridge, dishwasher, gas hob and two electric ovens, microwave, toaster and kettle.
- Dining room with full-width fold-back doors and a dining table seating up to six guests.
- Utility room with washing machine and separate WC.
- Small rear yard with bin store.
- Family bathroom with free-standing roll-top bath, a separate walk-in shower with two shower heads, WC and basin.
- Bedroom 1 – Double bedroom with decorative fireplace, original wooden flooring, window seat with views of the Church.
- Bedroom 2 – Bunk beds, suitable for children, with views to the rear and a sky-light window, original exposed wooden beams.
- Bedroom 3 – Double bedroom with vaulted ceiling exposing the original wooden beams. Views of the Church and diagonally onto Gooseholme Park. A separate trundle bed that sleeps up to two children.
Things To Note:
- Church View self-catering cottage is an old building, and with many buildings of its time, the stairs are narrower and slightly steeper than current standards which may not be suitable for physically disabled guests or small children.
- Free street parking is available to the front and surrounding streets.
- The fireplaces, whilst original features, are no longer operational.
Church View Cottage is situated in a residential part of Kendal, yet still within a short walk of the town centre. The River Kent and Gooseholme Park are literally across the road, which is ideal for dogs to have a runaround.
- Bed Linen Provided
- Central Heating
- Dogs permitted
- Family Friendly
- Pub within 1 Mile
- Walks nearby
- Washing Machine
- Check In4:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests6
Book this listing
- The price includes bed linen & towels, starter supply of toilet roll and WiFi
- Up to two well-behaved dogs are welcome at a cost of £10.00 per dog per stay.
- A 30% deposit is required when booking. Your balance will be payable 60 days before you arrive.
- If your booking is made within 60 days or arrival, then we will ask for full payment when booking.