American Airstream Caravan near Windermere
Relax in this iconic 1957 American Airstream, situated in the grounds of an 18th Century residence, which is conveniently situated between the villages of Ings and Staveley and only 2.5 miles from Windermere.
The Airstream has been permanently placed and with such benefits from fresh running water, electricity and a plumbed-in loo. Wooden decking to the front makes an ideal space to have a BBQ or read a book.
The Airstream offers a comfortable double bed with fresh bedding, a WC, a separate shower and a cosy seating area. The wooden work surfaces and abundance of storage space makes for an uncluttered space. A fridge, microwave and tea/coffee making facilities are provided but there are no cooking facilities, but this is easily remedied by taking a short stroll to one of the local pubs – The Watermill Inn & Brewery at Ings, The Eagle and Child in Staveley or Hawkshead Brewery & Beer Hall in Staveley all of which offer superb food. Alternatively, head into Windermere for a choice of fantastic restaurants.
The area is popular with mountain bikers too, riding the many routes in the Kentdale Valley, secure undercover storage is available for bikes if required.
Reston is just outside of the villages, Ings and Staveley. It is easily accessible by road and there is a good bus service to use to explore the Lake District. The hourly 555 service runs between Lancaster and Keswick, via Kendal, Windermere, Ambleside and Grasmere. Buying a day ticket is great value for money as it allows you to hop on and off.
- Bed Linen Provided
- Just For Two
- Pub within 1 Mile
- Walks nearby
- Check In4:00 PM
- Check Out11:00 AM
- Max Guests2
Book this listing
- Bookings are welcome between Easter and the end of October.
- Bed linen and towels, electric and WiFi is included in the rental price.
- A minimum of a two-night stay applies.
- Arrivals are welcome any day of the week.
Deposit & Payment Details:
- A deposit, equivalent to the price of the first night hire, is required when booking in order to confirm your booking. The balance will be due no later than 60 days prior to arrival.
- Bookings made within 60 days of arrival will require full payment at the time of booking.