3-Bedroom modern barn conversion situated on a working farm
Drovers Cottage is a 3-bedroom barn conversion situated on a traditional working farm on the outskirts of Kendal. Completed in July 2019, the cottage has been furnished to a high standard with a modern contemporary feel. The Cottage is superb to use as a base to explore Windermere, Bowness, Ambleside and the attractions of the South Lakes or head east towards Sedbergh, Dent, Hawes and the Yorkshire Dales.
The cottage has double glazed windows throughout and individually controlled underfloor heating in each room on the ground floor and radiators upstairs, provided by the environmentally-friendly biomass boiler. To the rear is a large enclosed yard with outdoor patio furniture and a BBQ area. Secure undercover storage by bicycles is available if required.
Can be hired alongside Croft Cottage – ID 568389 to accommodate 10 people in total.
First Floor – Wooden flooring throughout
- Living Room – Two and three-seat sofas, electric log-effect fire, 42" Freeview Smart TV and DVD player.
- Kitchen and Dining – Large space with an expandable dining table in the middle. Fridge and Freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, toaster, kettle and microwave. Electric double over and hob.
- Shower Room – Walk-in shower, loo, basin and heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 1 – Double bedroom, carpeted, with wooden bed frame, bedside tables, wardrobe and chest of drawers. Glass door that opens to the glass balcony and beautiful views over the valley.
- Bedroom 2 – Twin bedroom with two single beds, carpeted, dressing table and wardrobe. Views to the rear of the cottage.
- Bedroom 3 – Single Bed. View to the front of the cottage.
- Family bathroom – Wooden floor, fitted cupboards, bath/shower combination, heated towel rails, Velux roof window.
The farm has been in the same family for three generations. Originally a dairy farm with cattle, now the farm breeds sheep only.
Things To Note
The cottage is situated on a working farm with livestock.
Superfast Fibre WiFi is available.
About The Location
Drovers Cottage is situated 3-miles out of Kendal on a working farm that dating back to the early 1900s. Perched on a hillside, the cottage overlooks a beautiful valley and onto Kendal Town beyond. The Mint River runs through the farm and makes for some wonderful walks. The Farm owns the fishing rights, so bring your fishing rods and try your hand a salmon fishing or trout fishing.
Book this listing
- The rental price includes linen and towels, starter supply of toilet paper, complimentary soap and shampoo, WiFi and a welcome hamper.
- 1st October to Easter Weekend (Except Christmas and New Year - Any day
- Easter weekend to end September - Monday or Friday ?
- A minimum of a 3-night stay applies to all short-breaks.
Deposit & Payment Details:
- A 30% deposit is required when booking in order to confirm your booking. The balance will be due no later than 60 days prior to arrival.
- ?Bookings made within 60 days of arrival will require full payment at the time of booking.
- Check In5:00 PM
- Check Out9:00 AM
- Max Guests5
- Baby and Toddler Friendly
- Bed Linen Provided
- Central Heating
- Dogs permitted
- Family Friendly
- Farm Stay
- Walks nearby
- Washing Machine