Large family-friendly property with four bedrooms.
Forrest's Yard is a beautiful self-catering family-friendly property, situated in the very centre of Kendal, within walking distance to the vast choice of bars, restaurants, cinema and of course the River Kent.
Spanning the first floor of the Grade II listed building is a beautiful living room, four spacious bedrooms, a smaller sitting room with a sofa and TV (ideal for kids), two bathrooms and two en-suite loos.
The spacious living room with a wooden floor, large wood-burner and comfortable leather sofas and arm-chairs, seating eight in total, provides guests with superb space for relaxation plus there is a 40" Freeview Smart TV. Views through the three ceiling-height windows look over the main shopping street called Highgate.
The open-plan dining and kitchen area is a great space for everyone to get together for a meal. The modern kitchen, with breakfast bar, includes a 4-plate induction hob, electric oven, dishwasher, microwave, washing machine/dryer and the fridge & freezer, overlooks the ornate wooden dining table and eight leather-back seats.
- Bedroom 1 – Super-king bed
- Bedroom 2 – Super-king Zip & Link bed that can split into two single beds on request, plus there is an additional truckle bed in the room that sleeps an additional two people – An ideal family room.
- Bedroom 3 – Two single beds with en-suite toilet.
- Bedroom 4 – 3/4 double bed and a single bed and an en-suite toilet, sleeps 2-3 people.
- Bathroom – With roll-top bath, shower cubicle, toilet and heated towel rail.
- Shower Room – With shower cubicle, toilet and heated towel rail.
Things to Note:
- Steps to the entrance.
- Private parking for three cars is available to the rear of the building.
- The rental price includes the central heating, electricity, bed linen, towels and Wi-Fi as well as an initial supply of logs for the wood burner. A travel cot and highchair are available on request.
- Weekly rentals are available from Monday or Friday.
- Short breaks are available from either a Monday or a Friday, and a minimum of a 3-night stay is required.
- Pets are not permitted.
The earliest known record of the building is a map, dating back to 1758, showing two separate buildings. Later records from 1833 show that "M Forrest" owned the buildings – hence the name Forrest's Yard.
Twenty years later, in 1853, records show both buildings as one, suggesting that building work was carried out to join the two together. Records also show the new owner as Mr George Forrest, who was a surgeon and also the twice-elected Local Town Mayor.
Now, Grade II Listed, the property has been carefully refurbished to a high standard, while retaining many of the original features.
Forrest's Yard is situated in the centre of the town. You are within a very short walk of the many shops, bars, restaurants and the Brewery Arts Centre, poplar with events such as the annual Kendal Mountain Film Festival, and of course its cinema and theatre events.
The property is accessible by road, with private parking, as well as by train from the Kendal Train Station, linking to Windermere and also Oxenholme and the West Coast Mainline.
- Bed Linen Provided
- Central Heating
- Family Friendly
- Log Burner / Fireplace
- Pub within 1 Mile
- Tumble Dryer
- Visit England Assessed
- Washing Machine
- Check In4:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests8
Book this listing
- Free on-site parking for three cars (additional parking is available in the pay and display carpark across the road.
- Bed linen and towels are provided for all guests as is a starter supply of loo roll and logs for the fire.
- Pets are unfortunately not permitted.
- A travel cot and high chair are available on request.
Deposit & Payment Details:
- A 30% deposit is required to make a booking. The balance will be due no later than 60 days prior to arrival.
- ?Bookings made within 60 days of arrival will require full payment at the time of booking.
- Bookings made within 10 days of arrival are discounted by 10%