Spacious two-storey apartment with 4-bedrooms and a log-burner.
Late Availability Discount:
20% discount on all bookings with an arrival date in July or August 2020
Forrest's Yard – Apartment Two – is a lovely two-storey, Grade II listed, property situated in the very centre of Kendal, just a mere stroll to the great choice of bars and restaurants, the cinema, museums and of course the River Kent.
On the first floor, you have a spacious living room and dining area with comfortable leather sofa's, a 40" Freeview TV and the log-burner. The dining table to the side of the room seats eight people. The separate kitchen, fitted with modern appliances including a 4-plate induction hob, electric oven, dishwasher, microwave, washing machine/dryer and the fridge & freezer, is a great space to cook up a meal.
- Bedroom 1 – Super-king.
- Bedroom 2 – Super-king Zip & Link bed that can split into two single beds on request.
- Bathroom 1 – With bath, shower cubicle, toilet and heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 3 – Two single beds.
- Bedroom 4 – Two single beds.
- Bathroom 2 – With roll-top bath, shower cubicle, toilet and heated towel rail.
Things to Note:
- There are steps to the entrance.
- Private parking for three cars is available to the rear of the building.
- ?Weekly rentals are available from Monday or Friday.
- Short breaks are available from either a Monday or a Friday, and a minimum of a 3-night stay is required.
- Up to two dogs are welcome.
The earliest known record of the building is a map, dating back to 1758, showing two separate buildings. Later records from 1833 show that "M Forrest" owned the buildings – hence the name Forrest's Yard.
Twenty years later, in 1853, records show both buildings as one, suggesting that building work was carried out the join the two together. Records also show the new owner as Mr George Forrest, who was a surgeon and also the twice-elected Local Town Mayor.
Now, Grade II Listed, the property has been carefully refurbished to a high standard, while retaining many of the original features.
Forrest's Yard is situated in the centre of the town. You are within a very short walk of the many shops, bars, restaurants and the Brewery Arts Centre, poplar with events such as the annual Kendal Mountain Film Festival, and of course its cinema and theatre events.
The property is accessible by road, with private parking, as well as by train from the Kendal Train Station, linking to Windermere and also Oxenholme and the West Coast Mainline.
Book this listing
Arrival days are marked with a green circle.Then select the number of nights, for a price.
Late Availability Discount:20% discount on all bookings with an arrival date in July or August 2020
- Bed linen and towels are provided for all guests as is a starter supply of loo roll and a long-burn log for the fire.
- A maximum of two dogs are welcome.
- A travel cot and high chair are available on request.
Deposit & Payment Details:
- A 30% deposit is required to make a booking. The balance will be due no later than 60 days prior to arrival.
- Bookings made within 60 days of arrival will require full payment at the time of booking.
- 10% Blue Light and Forces Discount is available.
- Check In4:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests8
- Bed Linen Provided
- Central Heating
- Dogs permitted
- Family Friendly
- Log Burner / Fireplace
- Pub within 1 Mile
- Tumble Dryer
- Visit England Assessed
- Washing Machine