Two adjoining apartments sharing a private entrance hallway.
Late Availability Discount:
20% discount on all bookings with an arrival date in July or August 2020
Forrest's Townhouse is a magnificent self-catering property situated in the centre of Kendal with free parking for up to six cars.
The building comprises of two separate well-appointed apartments spread over three floors, each sleeping up to eight guests. Both Apartments share a secure private entrance hallway, so it is safe to leave each apartments front door open, creating a unique combined space.
The family-friendly Townhouse is within a short stroll of the super choice of bars and restaurants, the Brewery Arts Centre and Cinema and of course the River Kent.
Spanning the first floor of the Grade II listed building is a beautiful living room, four spacious bedrooms, a smaller sitting room with a sofa and TV (ideal for kids), two bathrooms and two en-suite loos.
The spacious living room with large log-burner and comfortable leather sofas and arm-chairs, seating eight in total, provides guests with superb space for relaxation plus there is a 40" Freeview Smart TV. Views through the three ceiling-height windows look over the main shopping street called Highgate.
The open-plan dining and kitchen area is a great space for everyone to get together for a meal. The modern kitchen, with breakfast bar, includes a 4-plate induction hob, electric oven, dishwasher, microwave, washing machine/dryer and the fridge & freezer, overlooks the ornate wooden dining table and eight leather-back seats.
- Bedroom 1 – Super-king bed
- Bedroom 2 – Super-king Zip & Link bed that can split into two single beds on request, plus there is an additional truckle bed in the room that sleeps an additional two people – An ideal family room.
- Bedroom 3 – Two single beds with en-suite toilet.
- Bedroom 4 – 3/4 double bed and a single bed and an en-suite toilet, sleeps 2-3 people.
- Bathroom – With roll-top bath, shower cubicle, toilet and heated towel rail.
- Shower Room – With shower cubicle, toilet and heated towel rail
Spans the top two floors of the buildings. On the first floor, you have a spacious living room and dining area with comfortable leather sofa's, a 40" Freeview TV and the log-burner. The dining table to the side of the room seats eight people. The separate kitchen, fitted with modern appliances including a 4-plate induction hob, electric oven, dishwasher, microwave, washing machine/dryer and the fridge & freezer, is a great space to cook up a meal.
Also on the first floor is two bedrooms, the first offers a super-king size bed and fitted cupboards (which are original features). The second provides a super-king zip & link bed, which is a double by default but can split into two single beds on request. The first of the bathrooms comprises of a bath and separate shower. Apart from the shower, which was added, the bathroom is the original suite which was beautifully restored.
Up the stairs to the top floor is the new and modern bathroom, with a free-standing rolltop bath, separate shower and loo and to the end of the corridor are two additional twin bedrooms.
- Bedroom 1 – Super-king.
- Bedroom 2 – Super-king Zip & Link bed that can split into two single beds on request.
- Bathroom 1 – With bath, shower cubicle, toilet and heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 3 – Two single beds.
- Bedroom 4 – Two single beds.
- Bathroom 2 – With roll-top bath, shower cubicle, toilet and heated towel rail.
The earliest known record of the building is a map, dating back to 1758, showing two separate buildings. Later records from 1833 show that "M Forrest" owned the buildings – hence the name Forrest's Yard.
Twenty years later, in 1853, records show both buildings as one, suggesting that building work was carried out to join the two together. Records also show the new owner as Mr George Forrest, who was a surgeon and even the twice-elected Local Town Mayor.
Now, Grade II Listed, the property has been carefully refurbished to a high standard, while retaining many of the original features.
Forrest's Yard is situated in the centre of the town. You are within a very short walk of the many shops, bars, restaurants and the Brewery Arts Centre, poplar with events such as the annual Kendal Mountain Film Festival, and of course its cinema and theatre events.
The property is accessible by road, with private parking, as well as by train from the Kendal Train Station, linking to Windermere and also Oxenholme and the West Coast Mainline.
Book this listing
Arrival days are marked with a green circle.Then select the number of nights, for a price.
Late Availability Discount:20% discount on all bookings with an arrival date in July or August 2020
- Free on-site parking for up to six cars (additional parking is available in the pay and display car park across the road).
- Bed linen and towels are provided for all guests as is a starter supply of loo roll and a long-burn log for the fire.
- Pets are permitted in Apartment Two only.
- Travel cots and high chairs are available on request.
Deposit & Payment Details:
- A 30% deposit is required to make a booking. The balance will be due no later than 60 days prior to arrival.
- Bookings made within 60 days of arrival will require full payment at the time of booking.
- 10% Blue Light and Forces Discount is available.
- Check In4:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests16
- Bed Linen Provided
- Central Heating
- Family Friendly
- Log Burner / Fireplace
- Pub within 1 Mile
- Sleeps 10+
- Tumble Dryer
- Visit England Assessed
- Washing Machine