Purpose-built recreational facility and two adjoining self-catering cottages sleeping up to 14 people.
Helm Mount Lodge – Family Accommodation, Kendal
About This Cottage:
This superb property boasts Helm Mount Lodge which is a large single- level recreation building with large dining table, pool table, log burner and sofa seating. It has been designed for group accommodation utilising the two adjoining self-catering cottages, Autumn Cottage (sleeps 8) and Spring Cottage (sleeps 6), providing superb accommodation for two families or friends
Helm Mount Lodge is located just 3 miles outside of the Kendal Town Centre with its many restaurants, bars, museums and of course the Brewery Arts Centre. It is easily accessible from the M6 Motorway too (3 miles). If you want to head into the Lake District, the 555 Lake Explorer Bus is an hourly service between Kendal and Keswick, with stops at Windermere, Ambleside, Grasmere and Keswick. Family or day tickets provide an affordable hop on/off method of travel and you won't have to search for parking!
If you don't fancy cooking, then head to the family-friendly Punch Bowl Inn down the road, which offers a range of ales, beers and great food! For the warmer days, they have a lovely beer garden too!
Renting Helm Mount Lodge includes:
- The combined facilities of Spring Cottage and Autumn Cottage
- Adaptable space for a variety of purposes
- Dining for 14 people
- Real Fire heating
- Recreation/Play area
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Outside seating adjacent to the property with further shared patio areas with garden seating and gas BBQ, enjoying the superb views.
Things To Note:
- All oil, electric, bed linen, towels and an initial supply of logs in included.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Private parking for 6 cars.
- Storage space available for bikes.
Helm Mount Lodge is situated in the village of Barrows Green, halfway between Junction 36 on the M6 and Kendal town centre. The location makes for easy access to the South Lakes and peninsulas to the west and popular tourist towns of Ambleside, Windermere, Bowness-On-Windermere, Grasmere and Arnside and to the east Kirkby Lonsdale, Sedbergh, Ingleton, Hawes and Settle.
Oxenholme railway station, which is on the main west coast line serving between London and Glasgow, is less than two miles away. It also provides access by local trunk line to Kendal, Staveley and Windermere. The area is well served by taxis and buses if required.
- Bed Linen Provided
- Central Heating
- Dogs permitted
- Family Friendly
- Pub within 1 Mile
- Sleeps 10+
- Tumble Dryer
- Walks nearby
- Washing Machine
- Check In4:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests14
Book this listing
- The rental price includes electricity, central heating, bed linen and towels. A starter supply of wood for the fire is also provided.
- A maximum of two dogs is permitted. You can add dogs, if you wish, during the booking process.
- A travel cot and high chair are available on request.
Deposit & Payment Details:
- A 30% deposit is required when booking in order to confirm your booking. The balance will be due no later than 60 days prior to arrival.
- Bookings made within 60 days of arrival will require full payment at the time of booking.