Helvellyn Cottage No 2 is an end-terrace Miners cottage that sleeps four people in a double bedroom to the front with views over the valley and a twin room to the rear. Within 5 minutes walk of The Travellers Rest Pub and 10 minutes of Glenridding Village.
The open-plan living room and dining room is light and bright, with two 2-seater sofas, a fireplace, dining table and 4 chairs. The fully fitted kitchen, has an electric hob and oven, stainless steel sink and draining board, the original kitchen-fire mantelpiece, and plenty of cupboard space. There are a good range of pots, pans and kitchen utensils to ensure you can self cater in style. There is also a small separate utility room with a microwave, large fridge/freezer, small countertop dishwasher and a washing machine.
Front double bedroom, with a king-sized bed, wardrobe and dressing table, with wonderful views of the fells from the window. The bedroom also has a TV for watching DVDs in bed. The smaller twin bedroom at the rear has two full-size single beds. The bathroom has a bath, overhead power shower, sink and toilet and heated towel rail.
Heating throughout is provided by an oil fired central heating and all the windows are double glazed.
There is no garden with the cottage but there is a bench at the front to sit and take in the views. There is off-street parking for at least one car at the side of the cottages.
- Living & Dining Room – With Freeview TV + satellite, a DVD player, CD player and an excellent selection of books, maps, games and DVDs. Mahogany dining table with 4 chairs.
- Kitchen – Oven & Hob, toaster, kettle. dishwasher. Adjoining utility room with fridge & freezer, washing machine, microwave and cleaning products.
- Bedrooms – Two bedrooms, King and a twin beds. High-quality feather duvets and pillows are provided (Hypoallergenic options are available)
- Bathrooms – Bath/shower combination, loo and basis. Complimentary toiletries.
Helvellyn Cottages are located at Low Rake, Glenridding. They were built in the mid to late 1860s to house workers at the Greenside Lead Mine which was located at the head of the valley along the bridle path (where the Helvellyn Youth Hostel now is). Originally the cottage would have had three bedrooms upstairs, with no bathroom (this would have been in the outhouse). Downstairs there would have been a front room and back parlour, where the kitchen is now, with the utility room serving as the kitchen.
Things To Note
The road to the front of the cottage is gravel surface.
There is one step into the cottage and 12 open-back stairs lead upstairs.
Wifi is provided, however, it is rural broadband not superfast fibre.
The holiday cottage is located above Glenridding with stunning views to the front of the foothills of Helvellyn. The village of Glenridding is situated in the heart of the Lake District along the shores of Ullswater. There is a range of good pubs and restaurants in the village and nearby Patterdale, with the nearest being just 500 yards from the cottages. There is also a good range of local shops. The holiday cottages are just 20 minutes drive from Penrith, Windermere, Keswick and Ambleside. As well as Helvellyn itself, the fells High Street, Place Fell, Fairfield, Sunday Crag and Dollywaggon Pike are all nearby.
Book this listing
- Rental price includes and services, WiFi, bed linen & towels and a starter supply of logs for the fire. Additional wood can be bought locally.
- Changeover Day: Friday
- One dog is welcome to stay, additional dogs by arrangement
- Short breaks available October to Easter Weekend
Deposit & Payment Details:
- A 30% deposit is required when booking in order to confirm your booking. The balance will be due no later than 60 days prior to arrival.
- Bookings made within 60 days of arrival will require full payment at the time of booking.
- Check In3:30 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests4
- Baby and Toddler Friendly
- Bed Linen Provided
- Central Heating
- Dogs permitted
- Family Friendly
- Log Burner / Fireplace
- Pub within 1 Mile
- Walks nearby
- Washing Machine