Beautifully refurbished two bedroom cottage in the Lyth Valley
High Gregg Hall Farm Cottage is situated on a working farm in the beautiful Lyth Valley which falls within the Lake District National Park. Just 5 miles from the market town of Kendal, the village of Underbarrow is very rural with stunning scenery. Two pubs, The Black Labrador and the Punch Bowl at Crosthwaite are both just a short stroll away along the country lane. Both offer excellent food and real ales
The two-bedroom property has recently undergone a full refurbishment with great care taken to include modern comforts while retaining some of the original features including the exposed wooden beams. The spacious living room with comfy reclining sofa's, placed in front of the large log-burning stove and he wall-mounted Freeview TV. A fabulous area to unwind and relax. Off of the living room is the boot room, with drying racks, ideal for walking gear. Also on the ground floor is the well-equipped modern kitchen and dining area and the shower room with loo, basin and walk-in shower. Upstairs are two large bedrooms, one double and the second is a 3/4 double with a single bunk above.
- Living Room: Two single and one three-seater sofa's, log-burning stove, wall-mounted Freeview TV with Bluetooth soundbar.
- Kitchen: Modern with fridge and freezer, gas hob, two electric ovens, toaster, microwave, kettle and a washing machine. Dining table to the side.
- Bedroom 1: Double bed with wardrobe and bedside tables.
- Bedroom 2: 3/4 double with single bunk, fitted storage cupboards and a chest of drawers.
- Bathroom: Walk-in shower, loo and basin. Heated towel rail on the wall.
High Gregg Hall Farm has been farmed by the Simpson family for four generations and is currently in the care of Mark Simpson with the help of dad Alan who farmed here until he retired. Once a dairy farm, High Gregg Hall is now a mixed farm with beef and sheep, the farm also grows its own hay and haylage for the stock and horses.
Things To Note:
Access to the farm and livestock is not permitted without the farmer's permission.
The stairs are carpeted with a handrail.
Private parking is available on-site.
Bike storage is available.
High Gregg Hall Farm Cottage is situated in the lovely Lyth Valley, 5 miles from Kendal and 4 miles from Windermere where you will find the Lake Cruises linking Ambleside, Lakeside other smaller jetties.
It's a lovely quiet area, with two pubs within walking distance.
- Baby and Toddler Friendly
- Bed Linen Provided
- Central Heating
- Dogs permitted
- Family Friendly
- Farm Stay
- Log Burner / Fireplace
- Pub within 1 Mile
- Walks nearby
- Washing Machine
- Check In3:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests4
Book this listing
- The rental price includes central heating, gas, electricity, bed linen, towels and Wi-Fi. Initial logs for wood burner included and extra can be purchased from the farm owner at £5 per basket
- One dog is permitted to stay free of charge. Additional dogs by arrangement.
- Out of season, Change-over day is flexible. / July and August, Change over is Monday or Friday.
- Short breaks are available - a minimum of three nights.
Deposit & Payment Details:
- A 30% deposit is required when booking in order to confirm your booking. The balance will be due no later than 60 days prior to arrival.
- Bookings made within 60 days of arrival will require full payment at the time of booking.