A beautiful traditional Shepherd’s Hut near Ulverston, fitted with home comforts, nestled in private river-front location.
The Shepherd's Hut
The cosy and comfortable interior of the Shepherd's Hut is completely self-contained with a kitchen area complete with 2 gas hobs and grill, sink with running water and the compact bathroom including a modern eco loo, sink and gas powered shower. A gas-powered cool box is provided for your beers, prosecco and food.
Made by Hollow Ash Huts to a very high standard this traditional looking hut provides comfy holiday accommodation for 2 people. Well insulated with sheep's wool and solar power for the lights and sockets which are suitable for charging phones/laptops. A log burner makes it really cosy on chillier days (logs are provided for you). The full-sized double bed is made up for you with lovely bedding and towels are provided.
- Your own private lawned piece of tranquillity awaits. Enjoy the bird song and the sound of the gentle river flowing over the stones. An outside table and seating are provided as well as a charcoal BBQ and firepit.
- Additional Camp Space:
- There is plenty of space if you wish to bring a tent to pitch next to the Shepherd's Hut for the kids if you wish (£10 per night).
- Fully equipped kitchen with pans, utensils and crockery etc for 4 people.
- Basic provisions such as tea, coffee, sugar provided and there will be cereals and our free-range eggs so you can make breakfast.
- On your arrival, there will be a homemade cake to welcome you.
Things to note:
- There is mains water but no mains electricity.
- There is no WiFi or TV and the mobile signal is very limited.
- Please remember to bring a torch
- The Shepherd's Hut is 3 miles from Ulverston
This beautiful shepherd's hut is set in a tranquil and idyllic riverside field on the edge of the Lake District National Park. Called 'The Sheep Wash', the field is where sheep were gathered and washed in the river in times gone by. Surrounded by woods and farmland this is the perfect location for a romantic break or get away from the hectic pace of modern life.
Just 3 miles from the small market town of Ulverston and a short drive from Coniston Water this is the perfect base to explore the spectacular Southern and Western Lake District, yet tucked away from the madding crowds of tourists. There are plenty of places to visit, walk or cycle nearby or just sit and relax in your own private field.
Book this listing
- 2x small to medium size dogs are welcome to stay free of charge. Large dogs are by arrangement only and depending on the breed. Please contact us before booking.
- Logs and a small supply of charcoal for the BBQ is provided.
- Bedding for the Shepherd's Hut and 4 Towels are provided.
- Check In2:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests2
- Bed Linen Provided
- Dogs permitted
- Family Friendly
- Log Burner / Fireplace
- Walks nearby