Keepers Cottage, Cosy Ullswater Self-Catering Cottage for Two
Keepers Cottage is a wonderful traditional stone cottage situated in Grisedale Bridge, on the lake-side of the A592, just a short stroll from the quaint villages of Glenridding and Patterdale. This Ullswater self-catering cottage has been recently been refurbished throughout to restore the original wooden floor and exposed wooden beams. This self-catering cottage is ideal for walkers wishing to explore Ullswater and the Lake District or for couples looking for a romantic getaway sipping a glass of red in front of the roaring fire. Dogs are also welcome to stay at only £5 per pet per stay.
The self-catering cottage is perfect for walkers because you have many popular walks leading off from the doorstep including Place Fell, the Helvellyn Range with Helvellyn and Birkhouse Moor. If walking isn't your cup of tea, then why not hire a small motorised pleasure boat from St Patricks Boat Landing, 5 minutes walk away, or jump aboard one of the Ullswater Steamers, 10 minutes walk from the cottage and sail up to Pooley Bridge, Aira Force or Howtown.
Fancy eating out, then you will enjoy the local pubs, hotel bars, tea shops and cafes, all within walking distance. If you wish to go further afield, then why not use the bus service, with a bus stop situated at the end of the lane. Ambleside, Windermere, Keswick and Penrith are all well-within a hours drive from the cottage.
The Cottage includes:
- One private parking space to the front of the cottage.
- Open plan living room and kitchenette with a dining table for two, large log-burning stove, TV with DVD player. A door leading to the rear enclosed garden.
- The kitchenette offers an oven and hob, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, fridge and freezer, crockery and cutlery. Washing machine in the outhouse.
- Kingsize double bed with bedside tables either side.
- Modern bathroom with basin, loo and walk-in shower.
- Fabulous views to the front and rear of the cottage, looking onto the fells.
All the windows have been replaced with double glazing and storage heaters are located on both floors and with the fire burning, the cottage is wonderfully cosy and warm! Keepers Cottages is a popular choice for visitors looking for self-catering dog-friendly cottages near Ullswater.
Keepers Cottage is located in Grisedale Bridge which falls on the border between Glenridding and Patterdale – just 10 minutes walk to pubs and shops in either direction. Ullswater Lake is a 10-minute walk where you can hop onboard one of the Ullswater Steamers to Howtone or Pooley Bridge at the North end of the Lake.
If you don't fancy driving, then you can make use of the bus network which will link you to Keswick and Penrith in one-directions and to Ambleside & Windermere in the other direction.
Book this listing
Arrival days are marked with a green circle.Then select the number of nights, for a price.
- ?Bed linen is included in the price, but not towels, so please bring these with you.
- Electricity, water and heating and a starter supply of wood for the fire.
- Dogs are £5.00 each per week
- Short Breaks available between 1st October and Easter Weekend.
- A deposit of £100 is required when booking. The balance is payable 60 days prior to arrival.
- Where the arrival is within the next 60 days, full payment will be required when booking.
- Check In3:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests2
- Bed Linen Provided
- Dogs permitted
- Just For Two
- Log Burner / Fireplace
- Pub within 1 Mile
- Walks nearby
- Washing Machine