Modern two-bedroom apartment in the centre of Kendal, with parking.
7-NIGHTS for the price of SIX
Valid on bookings with a departure date on or before the 30th September 2020
Library View Apartment is a stylish Grade II Listed, two-bedroom self-catering apartment in Kendal town centre that has been furnished to a very high standard. Situated on the second floor of one of Kendals oldest buildings, you will delight at the retained character of the building, including the original beams, wonky walls and ceilings!
The magnificent building on Blackhall Yard dates back to 1575 when it was used as the residence for Kendal's first Alderman who functioned as a Mayor, although the term "Mayor" wasn't to be used since Kendal had not yet received its Market Charter. The building was also, for a time, used as a Brush Marking Factory until 1945 when it became a Grocer's shop. The Bristly Hog on the exterior wall was erected during this time and has remained ever since. Now the first two floors are occupied by the Bristly Hog Coffee Shop, and the third floor that of the apartment making it an ideal self-catering apartment in the centre of Kendal.
If you don't fancy cooking, then we highly recommend the popular Bristly Hog Coffee Shop downstairs! They offer a superb full breakfast menu Monday to Saturday 9:00 – 16:00 and Sunday 10:30 – 15:30 as well as a number of other dishes! For evening meals, try one of the many restaurants in the Town.
The apartment includes:
- A king-size double bedroom with a separate seating area and views to the front of the building.?
- A twin bedroom with views to the rear of the building and Blackhall Yard.
- Living room with electric fire, two very comfortable two-seater sofa's, dining table, 50" Smart TV and a DVD player.
- Modern family bathroom with a shower over the bath, basin with shaver point and a loo. Complimentary shampoo, soap and conditioner are provided.
- Kitchen off the living room with modern appliances including an induction hob, oven, microwave, toaster and a coffee machine. Under counter fridge/freezer and a dishwasher. Pots, pans, crockery and cutlery.
- Towels and bedding are included in the rental price as well as complimentary WiFi.
Library View Apartment will provide an ideal base for couples or families, as well as business travellers to the area. A parking permit is provided to allow you free parking across the road.
Kendal is easily reached from Jct 36 of the M6 and it's conveniently located just 20 mins car journey to Bowness & Windermere and 30 mins to the historic city of Lancaster. There is a host of attractions within the town including; Abbot Hall Museum, Brewery Arts Centre, Kendal Climbing Wall, Kendal Castle, many historic walks.
The closest railway station is Kendal Station, 10 min walk away and the main bus station is just 5 min walk, which links to Windermere, Ambleside and further afield o Lancaster and Keswick.
Book this listing
Arrival days are marked with a green circle.Then select the number of nights, for a price.
7-NIGHTS for the price of SIXValid on bookings with a departure date on or before the 30th September 2020
- Bookings require a minimum of 3-nights.
- The rental price includes electricity, central heating, bed linen and towels.
- Dogs are not permitted in this apartment.
- A travel cot is available on request.
Deposit & Payment Details:
- A deposit of 30% is required when booking in order to confirm your booking. The balance will be due no later than 60 days prior to arrival.
- Bookings made within 60 days of arrival will require full payment at the time of booking.
- Check In4:00 PM
- Check Out11:00 AM
- Max Guests4
- Bed Linen Provided
- Central Heating
- Family Friendly
- Pub within 1 Mile
- Walks nearby