Modern three-bedroom holiday cottage with log-burning stove & Hot Tub.
A beautiful and modern self-catering holiday cottage near Ullswater with three bedrooms situated high on Bampton Common with superb views.
Lower Carhullan is a newly-built holiday cottage, completed early 2018. Originally an unused traditional Westmorland barn, the building has been beautifully redeveloped using much of the original stone fabric, into a modern, luxury property for up to six guests and up to two dogs. The house is situated high up on Bampton Common, yet only 7 miles from Penrith and a 20-minute drive from Jct 39 of the M6. Superb views in all directions and a plethora of walks lead directly from the doorstep. Set over two floors, the property has oil fired underfloor heating throughout.
- The well-appointed ground floor incorporates a spacious open plan kitchen & dining area for eight, as well as high-end appliances including an electric Aga, six-plate induction hob, two dishwashers, double-door fridge & freezer, convection microwave, boiling water tap and a 55” wall-mounted Samsung Frame TV.
- Leading off from the kitchen is the utility room with washing machine & tumble dryer, utility sink, an additional freezer and a supplementary bathroom with shower, loo & basin.
- Also leading from the kitchen diner is the large living room with a modern wood-burning stove, bright bespoke furniture and an additional large wall-mounted 55" Samsung Frame TV.
- Additionally, there is a boot room downstairs with plenty of space for boots & shoes, waterproofs, rucksacks etc.
Onto the floating mezzanine floor, you have three well-appointed en-suite bedrooms.
- Bedroom 1 – Super-king bed with a roof-top terrace, a flat-screen TV and en-suite bathroom with loo, basin & rain shower.
- Bedroom 2 – Double bed, built-in wardrobes, a flat-screen TV and en-suite bathroom with a bath & shower, loo and basin.
- Bedroom 3 – Super-king zip and link bed (which can be split into two single beds), fitted wardrobes with sliding doors and a great en-suite bathroom with large duel-shower, loo and basin.
- There is an enclosed garden with a Force-8 Master Spa 6-seat Hot Tub, furniture to seat six people, a gas barbecue and parking for up to five cars. The house has its own large paddock situated in front of the house with unspoilt views up Cawdale valley and across to the Pennines.
- Three bedrooms: 1 x super-king with en-suite shower, basin and WC, x 1 super-king (can be twin upon request) with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x double with en-suite bath, separate walk-in shower, basin and WC
- Ground floor shower room with a large walk-in shower, basin and WC
- Utility Room with washing machine and vented dryer
- Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Underfloor heating throughout AGA, cooker and induction hob, integrated cooker and microwave, 2 x dishwasher, Dolce Gusto coffee machine
- Slow cooker and food mixer
- 2 x Smart TV in both downstairs rooms, WiFi
- Amazon Alexa
- Toiletries provided
- Ample off-road parking for 6 cars
- Gravelled garden
- Self-contained paddock
- Rear veranda with furniture
About The Location:
Restaurants and markets:
Bampton Tea Room, Bampton Cafe/bar – 1.5 miles
Bampton Village Store, Bampton Supermarket – 1.5 miles
Crown & Mitre Inn Restaurant – 3 miles
Punch Bowl, Askam Restaurant – 4 miles
The Greyhound Hotel, Shap Restaurant – 4 miles
Coop Convenience Store, Shap Supermarket – 4 miles
Sainsbury's, Penrith Supermarket – 11 miles
Most Popular Attractions:
Lake Windermere – 14.3 miles
Derwentwater – 14.4 miles
Grizedale Forest – 15.2 miles
Scafell Pike – 18.4 miles
Brough Castle – 18.8 miles
Buttermere -19.3 miles
Lowther Castle & Gardens + kids adventure park – 4 miles
Rheged Activity Centre & IMAX – 7 miles
Book this listing
- Bed linen, towels and toiletries are provided as is fuel and the hot tub.
- A baby's travel cot & high chair are available on request.
- Short breaks are available/minimum two-night stay.
- Up to two well-behaved dogs are welcome.
Deposit & Payment Details
- A 30% deposit is required when booking in order to confirm your booking. The balance will be due no later than 60 days prior to arrival.
- Bookings made within 60 days of arrival will require full payment at the time of booking.
- Check In3:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests6
- Baby and Toddler Friendly
- Bed Linen Provided
- Central Heating Underfloor Heating
- Dogs permitted
- Family Friendly
- Hot Tub
- Log Burner / Fireplace
- Pub within 1 Mile
- Tumble Dryer
- Walks nearby
- Washing Machine