A former schoolhouse, now a creative and charming property sleeping 20 guests.
Lumley Fee Bunkhouse, sleeping up to 20 guests, is situated in Brigsteer, just 14-minute drive from Kendal. With a breathtaking view across the beautiful Lyth Valley, the Lumley Fee Bunkhouse offers a unique window over the Lakeland hills and fells. The five bedrooms and large communal area, boasting stained-glass windows, vaulted roof and superb wood-burner, make Lumley Fee Bunkhouse an ideal option for groups of friends or family gatherings.
Whether walking, climbing, cycling or just relaxing, Lumley Fee Bunkhouse will provide you with an offbeat experience. The creative and charming interior of this former schoolhouse will welcome you with open arms.
Lumley Fee Bunkhouse offers 5 bedrooms
- Wallow in the luxury of the Great Gable room with its quirky panelled walls and sloping ceiling, feature window and views in all directions, even the bathroom has a different view! 2 Single Beds and a double bed make this room a great family room. There is a lovely decked terrace with seating for the sole use of guests staying in this room – you’ll really feel on top of the world!
- Walna Scar; Birk Fell; Crinkle Crags and Scafel Pike are bunk rooms with 4 generous bunks in each with deep luxurious mattresses and crisp white linen, rustic stone flagged floor, clothes storage, ensuite bathroom with bath for soaking weary bones.
- Fluffy white towels are provided for all guests along with Bath House toiletries at no extra charge.
The former School Room has been thoughtfully transformed into the perfect area to relax and unwind or for eating, drinking and lounging about. Enjoy the comfortable sofas by the log burner, books, games and much more! Wifi is provided, but Lumley Fee is made for sharing conversation and enjoying each other company, so please excuse the lack of a TV. The large dining space is perfect to sit together and enjoy the feast prepared in the Cooks House or to play cards or board games.
The Cook House: The heart of the house, a fully equipped kitchen for guests to prepare meals or simply make a cuppa.
The closest pub s within walking distance is The Wheatsheaf at Brigsteer and the Strickland Arms, both are well known for their superb food, real ales and cosy atmosphere – private dining is available at both pubs by prior arrangement. A minibus service for dinners between Lumley Fee & The Wheatsheaf is available by prior arrangement.
Unfortunately, due to the age and layout of the building, the bunkhouse isn’t suitable for disabled guests.
Lumley Fee Bunkhouse enjoys and spectacular remote location with views, however, you're not far from exciting visitor attractions such as:
- Kendal Castle – 3 miles
- Lakes Aquarium – 6.9 miles
- World of Beatrix Potter – 7.3 miles
- Lake Windermere – 7.9 miles
- Grizedale Forest – 10.1 miles
- Coniston Water – 12 miles
If you fancy a bit of shopping:
- Booths Supermarket – 3.7 miles
- Kendal Market Place Market – 3.8 miles
- Morrisons Supermarket – 4.9 miles
- Asda Supermarket – 5.1 miles
- Bed Linen Provided
- Central Heating
- Dogs permitted
- Family Friendly
- Log Burner / Fireplace
- Pub within 1 Mile
- Sleeps 10+
- Tumble Dryer
- Walks nearby
- Washing Machine
- Check In3:00 PM
- Check Out11:00 AM
- Max Guests20
Book this listing
12 to 20 Guests - £500 midweek | £600 weekend
Bookings for Lumley Fee Bunkhouse are managed by the Owner. Your enquiry will be sent to the Owner, who will respond directly and process the booking.
Bed linen and towels are included for all guests.
Pets are welcome - cost is £10 per dog per booking (max 4 please)
Logs, firelighters and matches are provided.