Two-bedroom cottages situated in the former Stable Barn.
Closed Until 4th September 2020
This property is not accepting arrivals before the 4th September 2020 due to the Coronavirus. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.
Set amid 2.5-acres of carefully landscaped gardens and grounds, there is ample parking and equally, space for visitors to relax in a setting second to none for its peace and tranquillity. Near Howe lies at the end of a delightful driveway across rolling Cumbrian farmland, but is within easy reach of the A66, between the lovely Cumbrian market towns of Penrith and Keswick.
Equally close at hand is Ullswater, with Pooley Bridge at the north and Glenridding to the south, while in the opposite direction lies the picturesque village of Mungrisdale, and further at ’Back o’Skidda’ is Caldbeck, the former home of the famous huntsman John Peel.
Planning a special occasion or simply fancy a treat, why not engage Choice Caterers to come in and cater for you and your guests.
Guest will truly enjoy peace and tranquillity.
All on the Ground Floor
- 3 steps to entrance.
- Open plan living space.
- Living area: With electric fire, 32" Freeview TV and DVD player.
- Dining & Kitchen area: With electric oven, electric hob, microwave and fridge/freezer.
- Bedroom 1: With double bed.
- Bedroom 2: With 2'6" twin beds.
- Bathroom: With shower over bath, toilet and heated towel rail.
Things To Note
- The large, well-tended 2.5-acre gardens with garden furniture strategically placed to benefit from the superb 360-degree views are shared with guests staying at one of the other cottages.
- Home Shopping deliveries are available through Tesco, Sainsbury's and ASDA.
- A shared laundry and drying room which houses a large selection of books, games, DVDs and a gas barbecue for alfresco dining.
- The laundry room with 2 washing machines and a tumble dryer are all coin-operated (£1 for 1 hour)
- Wi-Fi is available throughout.
- Cot and highchair available on request.
- Private parking
Near Howe Cottages comprises of seven cottages, which can be hired individually or together for a fantastic family holiday.
- Saddleback Barn – Sleeps 7 (Reference 569992)
- Bannerdale – Sleeps 4 (Reference 570285)
- Grisdale View – Sleeps 4 (Reference 571281)
- Howe Top – Sleeps 2 (Reference 570283)
- Sharp Edge – Sleeps 2 (Reference 270286)
- Stable Barn – Sleeps 4 (Reference 570280)
About the Location
Howe End is one of seven self-catering cottages that make up Near Howe Cottages. It occupies a stunning elevated tree-lined position, giving it glorious views out over arguably some of the most delightful countryside in the Lake District National Park. Originally built as a farmstead about 180 years ago, Near Howe remained the farmhouse to the surrounding farmland until the end of the 1960s when it was converted to a guest house.
More-recently, the farmhouse, barns and stable block have been lovingly converted into seven uniquely appointed holiday cottages and apartments, retaining much of their original charm and character. Set in four acres of carefully landscaped grounds, with many seating areas for visitors to relax in, it is a setting that defines peace and tranquillity.
Guests will benefit from being within very easy reach of the A66, midway between the lovely Cumbrian market town of Penrith and Keswick. Equally close at hand is Ullswater, topped and tailed by Pooley Bridge at the North and Glenridding to the South while in the opposite direction lies the picturesque village of Mungrisdale and further at 'Back o'Skidda' is Caldbeck, the former home of famous huntsman John Peel.
The surrounding area can provide many activities and pastimes, including golf, fishing, pony trekking, boating and walking, from the gentlest of rambles to the most strenuous of fell walks. For the not so energetic, Near Howe is the ideal base from which to tour the magnificent Cumbrian countryside and enjoy the scenic beauty of our lovely Lakeland.
- Keswick – 8 miles
- M6 Motorway Junction 40 – 11 miles
- Windermere – 28 miles
- Ullswater – 7 miles
Book this listing
Arrival days are marked with a green circle.Then select the number of nights, for a price.
Closed Until 4th September 2020This property is not accepting arrivals before the 4th September 2020 due to the Coronavirus. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.
- All heating, electricity, WiFi and linen is included.
- Towels are not provided but may be added to your booking at a cost of £5.00 per person per week, for one bath and one hand towel, or you may bring your own.
- Dogs are permitted by prior arrangement at a cost of £20 per dog per week or part week payable in cash on arrival.
Deposit & Payment Details
- A partial deposit is required when making your booking. The balance will be due 60 days prior to your arrival.
- Bookings made within 60 days of arrival will require full payment at the time of booking.
- Check In3:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests4
- Baby and Toddler Friendly
- Bed Linen Provided
- Central Heating
- Dogs permitted
- Family Friendly
- Tumble Dryer
- Walks nearby
- Washing Machine