Three bedroom cottage in central Windermere. Walking distance to Lake Windermere
River Cottage is a three-bedroom self-catering holiday cottage, situated within walking distance of Bowness-on-Windermere as well as the plethora of bars and restaurants. The Beatrix Potter attraction and the Windermere Lake Cruises which connect to Lakeside and Ambleside is also nearby. It's ideal for families or groups of friends to enjoy a weekend away, or only as a base-camp to explore the Lakes.
Comfortable and Spacious
River Cottage is a double-story property which sleeps up to six guests in two double bedrooms and one bunk room with adult-size single bunk beds. There are two bathrooms and a fully-equipped kitchen which is perfect for self-catering families.
Children are welcome at River Cottage, and one small well-behaved dog is also able to stay free of charge. The lounge/diner makes self-catering easy and provides a pleasant place to unwind after a brisk day out on the fells.
Open the french doors onto the balcony from the living room to hear the babbling brook right next to the cottage. There is central heating throughout, and clean, fresh bedding and towels are provided free of charge.
Free use of the local hotel pool and spa
Since you will be staying at River Cottage holiday cottage in Windermere, why not chill out at the Burnside Spa Hotel in Bowness which is free to guests.
Free wifi is available throughout, and free parking is available on site.
River Cottage, situated on the grounds of the Glenburn Hotel, is just a short walk from Lake Windermere and Bowness-on-Windermere with its many bars, bistros, shops and attractions. Bowness-on-Winderemere is a top-rated tourist destination so you can be sure of a fun-filled day, whether it be a boat cruise, or hire your own!
River Cottage is just 15-minutes walk from Windermere Train Station, linking to the West Coast mainline at Oxenholme. It makes it easy for visitors travelling from London, Glasgow or anywhere in-between, to reach.
Book this listing
Arrival days are marked with a green circle.Then select the number of nights, for a price.
- Price includes electricity, heating, water as well as all bed linen, towels, WiFi and free parking.
- Guests have free use of the Burneside Hotel leisure clubs heated pool & spa. (Additional charges apply for Spa treatments)
- Full breakfast is available in the hotel if desired at a cost of £8.95 per person.
- A minimum of three nights is required to book.
- Any Day
Deposit & Payment Details:
- A 30% deposit is required when booking in order to confirm your booking. The balance will be due no later than 60 days prior to arrival.
- Bookings made within 60 days of arrival will require full payment at the time of booking
- Check In4:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests6
- Bed Linen Provided
- Central Heating
- Dogs permitted
- Family Friendly
- Pub within 1 Mile
- Walks nearby