Lovely detached bungalow with superb views of Place Fell
The How Cottage is a lovely single-storey bungalow situated in the picturesque village of Patterdale. With two bedrooms, a family bathroom, a spacious living room with log-burning stove and well-equipped kitchen, this self-catering cottage is ideal for guests visiting Ullswater.
The property is backed by established woodland which is home to an abundance of birdlife as well as Red squirrels. A private driveway to the front is suitable for one car and there is outside seating to relax. To the rear is a patio area with additional seating. Ullswater is a short stroll from the cottage where you can catch one of the steamboats to Pooley Bridge, Aira Force or Howtown. Windermere and Ambleside are approximately 7 miles drive away. There are many walks locally along flatish footpaths or tackle one of the large fells such as Place Fell or Helvellyn!
- Bedroom 1 – Double bed with bedside tables, carpeted, a small wardrobe, chest of drawers and a single chair. Windows to the side and rear of the property.
- Bedroom 2 – SIngle bed with bedside table, carpeted, small wardrobe and chest of drawers, a window to the side of the property.
- Bathroom – With shower over bath, basin, loo and heated towel rail. Complimentary toiletries are provided.
- Living Room – With comfy sofa and chair, log-burning stove, Freeview TV & DVD player, DVD's, board games and a selection of walking maps. Sliding patio door with a spectacular view of Place Fell.
- Dining – A small dining table and three chairs are situated in the living room.
- Kitchen – With electric oven and hob, dishwasher, toaster, kettle and microwave.
- Utility Room – With a washing machine, fridge and freezer and hanging space for coats etc.
Things to Note:
- There is one step into the property.
- Private parking for one car only.
- The rental price includes the central heating, electricity, bed linen, towels and Wi-Fi as well as an initial supply of logs for the wood burner. A travel cot and highchair are available on request.
- Weekly rentals are available from Fridays.
- Short breaks are available out of season and require a minimum of a 3-night stay.
- One dog is permitted, additional dogs may be accommodated by request.
Patterdale is hugely popular with walkers as well as mountain biking, however, there are lots of other activities to do to suit the whole family, from sailing, boating and kayaking on the lake. Visit some of the many great visitor attractions in the area. Patterdale is well served with a local village shop and post office just 2 minutes from the cottage, as well as the local White Lion Inn.
The Patterdale Hotel is also just five minutes away and serves food and drink. As a guest at the How you are also entitled to a 10% discount on Farm Experience Days at Crookabeck Farm and Pamper Treatments from local holistic Therapist Hazel Bell. Nearby Glenridding has a range of shops including Catsytcam Outdoor shop, as well as several good pubs, Hotels and cafes and an excellent local garage.
Book this listing
- Rental price includes and services, WiFi, bed linnen & towels and a starter supply of logs for the fire. Additional wood can be bought locally.
- Changeover Day: Friday
- One dog is welcome to stay, additional dogs by arrangement
Deposit & Payment Details:
- A 30% deposit is required when booking in order to confirm your booking. The balance will be due no later than 60 days prior to arrival.
- Bookings made within 60 days of arrival will require full payment at the time of booking.
- Check In3:30 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests3
- Baby and Toddler Friendly
- Bed Linen Provided
- Central Heating
- Dogs permitted
- Family Friendly
- Log Burner / Fireplace
- Pub within 1 Mile
- Walks nearby
- Washing Machine