Family-friendly cottage within walking distance of Glenridding and Ullswater
The Old Cop Shop is a lovely two-bedroom stone terraced cottage situated in Grisedale Bridge, a short stroll from Patterdale, Glenridding and Ullswater, Englands second largest Lake.
Formally a Police House, the local riff-raff from the village were held here before been sent on to larger police stations or released once the Ale had worn off. Evidence of the police records can be seen on the walls of the cottage. Now the converted cottage offers lovely accommodation with bright and airy rooms and views of Ullswater Lake from the landing window and across the gardens to Place fell from the front.
The Ullswater area of the Lakes is a popular location for self-catering holiday's as there is a wonderful choice of activities locally, as well as a choice of pubs, cafe's and eateries. if you fancy exploring further then the Ullswater Steamers are a great choice, linking you to Pooley Bridge and Howtown. For walkers, you are spoilt for choice with the Helvellyn Range, Place Fel, St Sunday Crag and Fairfield nearby. if you fancy a low-level walk the trail along the eastern side of Ullswater is a must! Well established as one of the best low-level walks in the National Park, the trail hugs the shoreline all the way to Pooley Bridge at the North end of Ullswater.
If you fancy taking to the water yourself, you can hire boats and kayaks from both Glenridding and Pooley Bridge.
There really is a great choice to keep the whole family excited!
- One Double and one Twin bedroom.
- Lounge with seating for 4, a wood-burning stove, Smart TV with DVD and Freesat.
- Kitchen with table and seating for 4 people, dishwasher, cooker, microwave, fridge and washer-dryer.
- Spacious bathroom with bath, overhead electric shower and heated towel radiator. Electric heating throughout.
- Enclosed patio yard to the rear with a secure storage room to the rear, ideal for bikes and walking gear.
Things To Note:
- Private parking for up to two cars.
- One dog is welcome.
- Due to the age of the property, there is no gas central heating, but electric radiators on the walls.
The Beckside Bar in Glenridding and the White Lion in Patterdale are each about a 10-minute walk. Glenridding is also home to 2 hotels with pubs, The Travellers Rest pub, Fellbites restaurant and Fairlights Cafe.
In Glenridding, there are 2 general stores (one with a cashpoint), the Glenridding Gallery and Catsytcam outdoor shop. Patterdale has a Post Office and Village Store.
The closes supermarkets are in Penrith, a scenic 14-mile drive from the cottage.
By Road: Junction 40 of the M6 (Penrith) – 14 miles. Keswick about 20 minutes by car. Windermere is about 20 minutes by car.
By Train: Nearest Stations at Penrith and Windermere
By Bus: Regular bus service to Glenridding from Penrith (all year) and Windermere (summer only).
Book this listing
- The rental price includes bed linen and towels, starter supply of cleaning products and loo roll. 1st nights supply of wood for the fire. Additional wood can be bought locally.
- One well-behaved dog is permitted.
- A travel cot and high chair are available on request.
Changeover Day / Short-breaks:
- Weekly Changeovers are on a Friday
- Short breaks are available to arrive on either Friday or Monday during low season (Jan, Feb, Mar, Nov & Dec - Excl Christmas, New Year, Easter and Half-terms), or within 28 days of arrival.
Deposit & Payment Details:
- A 30% deposit is required when booking in order to confirm your booking.
- The balance will be due no later than 60 days prior to arrival. Bookings made within 60 days of arrival will require full payment at the time of booking.
- Check In4:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests4
- Baby and Toddler Friendly
- Bed Linen Provided
- Dogs permitted
- Family Friendly
- Log Burner / Fireplace
- Pub within 1 Mile
- Tumble Dryer
- Visit England Assessed
- Walks nearby
- Washing Machine