Large six bedroom house with parking & garden
A wonderful six-bedroom end-terrace house situated in the picturesque Edwardian town of Grange-over-Sands with partial views over the Morecambe Bay Estuary. This property is ideal for larger families or groups of friends and up to 2 dogs are welcome to stay at no extra cost.
The property spans three floors starting with two living rooms, dining room with log-burning stove leading through to the well-appointed kitchen and finally the laundry area on the ground floor. The first floor offers three light and bright bedrooms (two of which are en-suite) and a family bathroom, the second floor offers an additional three bedrooms and another family bathroom. Views from the bedrooms are to the rear and front aspects of the property.
To the rear is a small yard, parking for two cars and the lawned garden with garden furniture on a paved section and a BBQ. The garage is available for secure storage of bicycles if required and an additional fridge is available too.
- Living room: With gas stove-effect fire, 40" TV with YouView box, DVD player with a selection of DVDs, a CD player/radio and wooden floor.
- Snug room: With Freeview TV.
- Dining room: With a wood-burning stove dining table for 10 and wooden floor
- Kitchen: With breakfast table seating 4, range cooker with 7-ring gas hob and electric oven, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, kettle and a tiled floor.
- Bootroom / Laundry: Washing machine, tumble dryer, shoe racks and door leading to rear yard and garden.
- Bedroom 1: With kingsize bed, Freeview TV and en-suite with shower cubicle and toilet.
- Bedroom 2: With double bed, Freeview TV and en-suite with shower cubicle, toilet and heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 3: With 3 single beds and Freeview TV.
- Bathroom 1: With shower over bath, and toilet.
- Bedroom 4: With double bed, single bed, Freeview TV and wooden ceiling beams.
- Bedroom 5: With double bed and Freeview TV.
- Bedroom 6: With double bed and wooden ceiling beams.
- Bathroom 2: With shower over bath, and toilet.
The House was built in the 1860s as a Residence and a Guest House with three letting rooms. Part of the house was also used as a Post Office until 2009. In 2012, the owners stopped offering bed & breakfast accommodation and expanded the property to include, what was the Post Office, and it then became a large self-catering holiday home. For a large majority of the time of the building, it has been welcoming guests to the Grange-Over-Sands area.
Things To Note
- There is private parking for two cars to the rear and additional street parking to the front.
- Secure bicycle parking is available in the garage to the rear of the property.
- The raised rear garden has 10 steps leading up to it.
Grange-Over-Sands has a great choice or bars, restaurants and coffee shops, all of which is a short walk, so you can leave the car at the property and explore the Town or head down to the coast. If you enjoy playing Golf, Grange Fell Golf Club is a few minutes walk up the road. There is also a great selection of walks which you can join from the property and cyclists will enjoy the lovely lanes and quite routes.
The must-visit village of Cartmel, home of the Cartmel Sticky Toffee Pudding Company, is a 5-minute drive away where you will find Cartmel Priory, Cartmel racecourse and the well-known Michelin starred restaurant L’Enclume. Kendal, Bowness and Windermere are all within a 20-minute drive away.
- Baby and Toddler Friendly
- Bed Linen Provided
- Central Heating
- Dogs permitted
- Family Friendly
- Log Burner / Fireplace
- Pub within 1 Mile
- Sleeps 10+
- Tumble Dryer
- Walks nearby
- Washing Machine
- Check In3:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests14
Book this listing
- Minimum 3-night stay.
- Change-over day: Flexible
- Price includes all services, bed linen, towels and Wi-Fi.
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate are available on request.
- Up to two dogs are welcome to stay.
Deposit & Payment Details:
- A 30% deposit is required when booking in order to confirm your booking. The balance will be due no later than 60 days prior to arrival.
- Bookings made within 60 days of arrival will require full payment at the time of booking.