Charming two bedroom cottage just a short walk from Cartmel Village.
A beautiful two-bedroom refurbished farmworker's cottage situated at Greenbank, just 1-mile from Cartmel Village and Cartmel Racecourse which is hosting David Gray in Concert on Friday 26th June 2020. Tastefully redecorated, Woodlands Cottage provides a fully equipped and very comfortable, centrally heated holiday home for 4 guests nestled in a large walled garden. The living room with open fireplace and 32" TV consists of a 2 and three-seater sofa as well as a selection of board games and books. There's a utility room with natural drying facilities along with a washer-dryer.
Woodland Cottage is a single-level property which can be accessed directly from the parking area which makes it suitable guests with limited mobility. There is one 9" step into the back door and the smallest door is 27" wide.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms:
Woodland Cottage sleeps 4 guests in a double and twin bedroom. The bright bathroom consists of a shower over a full-sized bath, basin and WC.
Guests will enjoy the large lawned garden with exceptional views over the surrounding fells and of the sea which is just 3 miles away. A short walk down a quiet lane is Cartmel Village (1 mile), known for its old-world appeal, is built around an ancient Priory. Although the village is quite small, it boasts a racecourse, pubs and restaurants including L'Enclume with its 2 Michelin stars and many shops including the famous Sticky Toffee Pudding shop. There are even speciality shops such as a cheese shop and a bakery.
Things to note:
- Woodland Cottage is available throughout the year.
- Arrival days are on Monday, Tuesday or Friday and a minimum of a three-night stay applies.
- The Cottage is ideal for families and great for kids.
- A maximum of two dogs are permitted free of charge.
- Towels and bed linen are provided as well as comfy feather duvet's. (Hypoallergenic duvets and pillows are available on request.
- A travel cot and highchair are available on request.
Woodlands Cottage is just 20-minutes from J36 of the M6 Motorway. Locally is the well-known Motor Museum which now on the old Blue factory site at Backbarrow. Grange-over-Sands, a Victorian resort 3 miles to the south-east, has more facilities. To the North are the central Lakes within easy driving distance, with the Windermere Steamers leaving from Lakeside, which itself can be reached from nearby Haverthwaite using the Haverthwaite steam railway
- Bed Linen Provided
- Central Heating
- Dogs permitted
- Family Friendly
- Log Burner / Fireplace
- Pub within 1 Mile
- Tumble Dryer
- Walks nearby
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Check In4:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests4
Book this listing
- The rental price includes electricity, central heating, bed linen and towels.
- Up to two well-behaved dogs are welcome.
- A travel cot is available on request.
Deposit & Payment Details:
- A deposit of 25% is required when booking in order to confirm your booking. The balance will be due no later than 60 days prior to arrival.
- Bookings made within 60 days of arrival will require full payment at the time of booking.