Relax with the family in the established natural woodland.
Woodlands Retreat is a lovely 3-bedroom self-catering lodge, situated on the popular White Cross Bay Holiday Park on the shores of Lake Windermere with private parking, wooden decking and a superb Hot Tub!
Nestled in established woodland, the lodge comprises of three bedrooms, two doubles and a bunk room plus a family bathroom and a separate WC. The open plan living room, dining area and the kitchen make for an excellent area to socialise with friends or the family. On warmer days, the outside decking provides a tranquil area to have a BBQ or simply chill out and read a book. Outside furniture is provided.
On the Holiday Park iteself, there is a Bar & Restaurant, Entertainment area, a Costa Coffee and also a take-away option. For kids, there is the Kids Club and an Adventure Playground (Additional charges may apply). There are plenty of walks leading from the lodge towards the Lake or to the nearby Brockhole Vistors Centre where you can partake in a number of outdoor activities including the exciting Treetop Trek or catch one of the Windermere Cruises to Ambleside, Wray Castle, Bowness or Newby Bridge.
There are great public transport links from the Holiday Park too – The hourly 555 bus service runs all-day, everyday between Kendal and Keswick via Windermere, Ambleside, Grasmere & Thirlmere. Family day, weekend or weekly passes can be bought directly from the driver which makes a much cheaper way to travel and some tickets include boat trips too!
- Living Room / Dining area – Carpeted with two two-seater sofas, electric fire, a wall-mounted flat-screen TV, FM Radio, and a door leading to the front porch area. View to the front aspect of the property. A dining table and six chairs overlooking the wooden decking area, and the front door leading onto the wooden decking.
- Kitchen – With a breakfast counter, uncarpeted, 4-ring gas cooker and electric oven, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, microwave, toaster, kettle and plenty of crockery, cutlery and cooking pots and pans.
- Bedroom 1 – Double bedroom, carpeted, with fitted wardrobes and a dressing table. A flat-screen TV, with HDMI input, mounted on the wall and views to the woods behind the property.
- Bedroom 2 – Double bedroom, carpeted, with fitted wardrobes and a dressing table. A flat-screen TV mounted on the wall. Views to the side, overlooking the hot tub.
- Bedroom 3 – Wooden bunk beds, carpeted, ideal for children. View to the side overlooking the wooden decking.
Things To Note
- The parking area is gravel surface and there are 9 steps leading from the parking area to property front door.
- Dogs are welcome, but guests are asked to bring throws to cover the furniture. Dogs are not permitted in the bedrooms.
- A travel cot & high chair are available on request.
- The family bathroom consists of a shower cubicle only, there is no bath tub.
White Cross Bay Holiday Park is situated on the shores of Lake Windermere, half-way between the villages Windermere and Ambleside. There are great bus links from the park as well as boat trips from the nearby Brockhole Visitors Centre.
Book this listing
- The rental price includes all services inside the lodge plus WiFi and the hot tub.
- Free parking for up to two cars is available.
- Up to two well-behaved dogs are permitted but guests are kindly asked to provide throws to protect the furniture.
- Monday or Friday.
- Short breaks are available.
- The park is closed in January each year.
Deposit & Payment Details:
- A 30% deposit is required when booking in order to confirm your booking. The balance will be due no later than 60 days prior to arrival.
- Bookings made within 60 days of arrival will require full payment at the time of booking.
- Check In3:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests6
- Baby and Toddler Friendly
- Bed Linen Provided
- Central Heating
- Dogs permitted
- Family Friendly
- Hot Tub
- Pub within 1 Mile
- Walks nearby