Romantic getaway in the Yorkshire Dales National Park with a wood-fired Hot Tub
About this Shepherd Hut
Glamorous Camping or Glamping cannot get much better, right in the heart of the Westmorland Dales National Park.
Totally ‘Off-Grid’ Yan Shepherds Hut is nestled in a beautiful natural meadow overlooking a pond and kept beautifully warm with a wood-burning stove. Lit by candles only, guests will marvel at the magnificent Dark Sky on a clear night. There is a small decking to perch on with a glass of local ale and watch the world go by… maybe a pheasant, a couple of hares in the pasture, or a tawny owl as it gets towards night.
- Proper Hygge, all Scandinavian and cosy. with pale-washed boarding, an oak floor, small wood stove that's super-efficient and a stable door so you can really enjoy the view.
- The hut is made from steel and wood on a cantilevered base, clad in galvanised steel with plenty of insulation, even under the floor.
- Suitable for two, the wonderfully comfy oak bed is hand-made, ready for your own bedding (A mattress protector is provided).
- Just a few steps to the warm Shower Block with underfloor heating. The large Wet Rooms are private and look unique, all made using traditional farm goods with a fresh new look.
- A purpose-built communal kitchen area provides you with kettle, fridge and microwaves and 13A electric points are available.
- If you don't fancy cooking, there are two local pubs nearby (one within walking distance)
Things to note
- There is no electricity in the Hut at all – it is totally "off-grid". Electrical sockets are available in the nearby Kitchen area.
- A comfy hand-built oak bed frame with mattress and fresh mattress protector is provided, however, bedding and towels are not, so please bring these with you.
- There is a minimum and maximum of a three-night stay.
Yan Shepherd Hut is on a private estate in the picturesque village of Maulds Meaburn which is one of many in the Lyvennet Valley and Yorkshire Dales National Park yet only 13 miles from Penrith.
Guests can expect peace and tranquillity to relax or explore one of the many walks locally finishing off with a pint at the local community-owned Butchers Arms in Crosby Ravensworth, about a mile down the lane.
Book this listing
- The rental price includes the hire of the Hut, the wood-fired hot tub, fire pit, BBQ area with a complimentary disposable BBQ, log-burning stove and wood for your stay.
- Bedding and towels are not provided, however, a comfy mattress and fresh mattress protector are provided.
- One small or medium-sized dog is permitted at a cost of £5.00 per stay.
- Arrivals are welcome any day of the week
- A min and max stay of 3-nights applies to all bookings.
Deposit & Payment Details:
- A £100.00 deposit is required to place a booking. The balance will be due no later than 30 days prior to arrival.
- Bookings made within 30 days of arrival will require full payment at the time of booking.
- Check In5:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests2
- Bed Linen Provided
- Dogs permitted
- Farm Stay
- Hot Tub
- Just For Two
- Log Burner / Fireplace
- Pub within 1 Mile
- Walks nearby