Hookstone House is a beautiful semi-detached Yorkshire cottage which is a conversion of a farmworker's cottage dating back 300 years! and it's attached barn.
The location of Hookstone House, situated just 1.4 miles from the village of Darley and 10 miles from Harrogate, makes it ideal for exploring the Yorkshire Dales and North York Moors National Parks or if you prefer stay in and enjoy relaxing in the secure private garden and hot tub!
This Yorkshire cottage has been converted to a very high standard and it comprises five bedrooms, two of which have super-king zip/link beds, one en-suite, a king-size with en-suite, a standard double and a single bedroom. The large living room benefits from a character fireplace and the comfortable snug just off the sitting room, complete with wood-burning stove -perfect to curl up in, for the chillier winter days.
The cooks will enjoy the fantastically light and bright kitchen and the Range cooker with an electric oven and a gas hob. From the kitchen, continue into the spacious dining area, sunroom and the smaller separate sitting room with a double sofa, ideal for the kids to chill out in.
Outside, to the rear, there is a private, secure lawn garden and a small patio with a wonderful 6-person hot tub making it one of the more popular Yorkshire cottages with hot tubs.
- Five bedrooms: 1 x super king-size double (zip/link, can be twin on request) with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x super king-size double (zip/link, can be twin on request), 1 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x double, 1 x single
- Family bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC + separate ground floor WC
- Kitchen leading to the dining area with TV
- Living room with 4 large sofas, plus additional beanbags.
- Second sitting room with sofa.
- Snug with wood-burning stove
- Range cooker with electric oven and gas hob, microwave, larder fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher,
- 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books
- Cot and highchair on request
- Parking for up to 5 cars
- Secure bike storage
Things To Note
- Hookstone House is situated in a tranquil area so it isn't a suitable venue for outdoor parties or noisy events. Hen, Stag or similar parties will only be accepted by prior consent.
- Due to the age and layout of the property, there are steps down from the parking area and up into the house. There are also some small steps on the ground and first floors, if you or members of your party have mobility issues please do contact us before booking to discuss the suitability of the property
- 2 well-behaved dogs are permitted
- A cot and a high chair are available on request.
- A charcoal BBQ is available to use.
About The Location
Situated in the heart of Nidderdale, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is the village of Darley which has won many local and national 'Britain in Bloom' awards over the years. With two village greens it is awash with colourful displays of flowers and hanging baskets and the village pub, called The Wellington Inn, offers great food. It is a short drive to the local farm shop, café and Smokehouse – Mackenzies Yorkshire Farm Shop where their local produce can be purchased.
Approx 9-miles from Darley is the spa town of Harrogate, famous for its open spaces, architecture, lovely gardens and of course the excellent shopping. Nearby is Skipton, Ripley with their historic castles and the lovely traditional market town of Pateley Bridge.
Hookstone House is ideal for those of you who enjoy a more active holiday, Set just off the Tour to France and Tour de Yorkshire routes it is ideally located to ride some of these iconic trails. The local area has a plethora of local footpaths which twist and wind themselves around the dale, getting you off the beaten path to see some of the stunning vistas the area has to offer.
Short breaks are available in the low and mid seasons or within 90 days of arrival.