Knowe lodge is a beautifully secluded wooden-clad, off-grid lodge set on a 12-acre smallholding, where you can sit and relax in the wood-fired hot tub and enjoy Galloway’s famous dark skies with views overlooking the Cree estuary. The open plan living area, dining area and kitchen benefits from floor to ceiling windows, taking in the breathtaking views while being warmed by the fabulous log-burning stove.
There is a sofa bed in the living room that can accommodate up to two additional adults taking total occupancy to four – please let us know if you wish to use this. The property is "off-grid" which means that there is no mains electricity. Electricity for lighting is sourced from solar panels which are also suitable for charging your mobile phone from USB plugs. Water is sourced from a private spring that provides flow for the shower, taps and toilet.
Situated in an area known as "The Gateway to the Galloway Hills", you're only 5 minutes walk away from a secluded beach and only 10 minutes drive away from Kirroughtree Forrest and the Galloway Forest Park’s gateway centre, home to one of the world-famous 7stanes Mountain Bike Centre and a superb choice of walking trails.
If you are looking for a fantastic laid-back getaway in a beautiful location, then Knowe Lodge is ideal for you.
- A beautiful double bedroom with a wooden headboard and matching bedside table and a chest of drawers plus a wall-mounted full-length mirror. Door to the outside.
- Modern bathroom with walk-in rain shower, loo and basin.
- The kitchen has a gas oven, hob and fridge making it suitable to cook a lovely meal, although there are takeaways nearby and a pub within walking distance (approx 1.5 miles).
Things To Note
- The location of the lodge is atop a hill, accessed via a gravel pathway from the parking area.
- There is no WiFi or tv, with only USB charging points in the bedroom.
- Knowe Lodge is for adults only.
- Water is sourced from a private spring which must be boiled before drinking or cooking. Two complimentary bottles of water is provided.
- The wood-fired hot tub is emptied and cleaned between each change-over or every three days for longer bookings. Wood is provided.
The Galloway area has the unique benefit of a range of magnificent hills, set around and within the vast Galloway Forest Park, the largest in Britain with 300 square miles of forest, moorland, lochs and peaks. Combined with rolling farmland and over 200 miles of coastline, the opportunities for healthy, natural, outdoor activities are almost limitless. Newton Stewart sits at the geographical centre of this outdoor enthusiasts' paradise.
Carsluith is situated off the A75 that links directly to the M6/A74(M) motorway at Gretna Green making is easily accessibly by car. From the smallholding, there are plenty of dog walking and mountain biking routes making it ideal for exploring the beautiful area of Dumfries and Galloway.