Set amid 2.5-acres of carefully landscaped gardens and grounds, there is ample parking and equally, space for visitors to relax in a setting second to none for its peace and tranquillity. Near Howe lies at the end of a delightful driveway across rolling Cumbrian farmland, but is within easy reach of the A66, between the lovely Cumbrian market towns of Penrith and Keswick.
Equally close at hand is Ullswater, with Pooley Bridge at the north and Glenridding to the south, while in the opposite direction lies the picturesque village of Mungrisdale, and further at ’Back o’Skidda’ is Caldbeck, the former home of the famous huntsman John Peel.
Planning a special occasion or simply fancy a treat, why not engage Choice Caterers to come in and cater for you and your guests.
Guest will truly enjoy peace and tranquillity.
All on the Ground Floor
- Level entry and single-level throughout.
- Open plan living space.
- Living area: With electric fire, 32" Freeview TV and DVD player.
- Dining & Kitchen area: With electric oven, electric hob, microwave, toaster, dishwasher and fridge/freezer.
- Bedroom 1: 6" Super king-size zip & link bed (that can be split into two singles on request). En-suite wet room with W.C., washbasin, shaver socket and a heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 2: 5" King-size zip & link bed (that can be split into two singles on request). En-suite bathroom with W.C., washbasin, shaver socket and a heated towel rail.
Things To Note
- The large, well-tended 2.5-acre gardens with garden furniture strategically placed to benefit from the superb 360-degree views are shared with guests staying at one of the other cottages.
- Home Shopping deliveries are available through Tesco, Sainsbury's and ASDA.
- A shared laundry and drying room which houses a large selection of books, games, DVDs and a gas barbecue for alfresco dining.
- The laundry room with 2 washing machines and a tumble dryer are all coin-operated (£1 for 1 hour)
- Wi-Fi is available throughout.
- Cot and highchair available on request.
- Private parking
Near Howe Cottages comprises of seven cottages, which can be hired individually or together for a fantastic family holiday.
- Saddleback Barn – Sleeps 7 (Reference 569992)
- Bannerdale – Sleeps 4 (Reference 570285)
- Howe End – Sleeps 4 (Reference 570284)
- Howe Top – Sleeps 2 (Reference 570283)
- Grisdale View – Sleeps 4 (Reference 570281)
- Sharp Edge – Sleeps 2 (Reference 270286)
- Stable Barn – Sleeps 4 (Reference 570280)
Guests will benefit from being within very easy reach of the A66, midway between the lovely Cumbrian market town of Penrith and Keswick. Equally close at hand is Ullswater, topped and tailed by Pooley Bridge at the North and Glenridding to the South while in the opposite direction lies the picturesque village of Mungrisdale and further at 'Back o'Skidda' is Caldbeck, the former home of famous huntsman John Peel.
The surrounding area can provide many activities and pastimes, including golf, fishing, pony trekking, boating and walking, from the gentlest of rambles to the most strenuous of fell walks. For the not so energetic, Near Howe is the ideal base from which to tour the magnificent Cumbrian countryside and enjoy the scenic beauty of our lovely Lakeland.
- Keswick – 8 miles
- M6 Motorway Junction 40 – 11 miles
- Windermere – 28 miles
- Ullswater – 7 miles