Saddleback Barn is an outstanding property situated in a superb position with spectacular views across to Blencathra, that has been thoughtfully furnished, decorated and equipped to a very high standard.
Perched on the hillside and retaining many of its old original features, the converted barn provides every modern-day comfort to make for a relaxed, enjoyable holiday. It is rare to find a three-bedroom property, all with en-suite bedrooms, in such a delightful, picturesque setting and still so close to the 'hub of the North Lakes'.
Planning a special occasion or simply fancy a treat, why not engage Choice Caterers to come in and cater for you and your guests.
Outside, you have shared use of the large, well-tended 2.5-acre gardens with garden furniture strategically placed to benefit from the superb 360-degree views.
A true oasis of peace and tranquillity.
- Double bedroom with king-size zip link bed with views to Saddleback, en-suite bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- Family bedroom with super-king size zip link bed and a single bed, views to Mungisdale and Caldbeck fells and en-suite bathroom with shower, hand basin and WC.
- Boiler/storeroom, ideal for drying clothes.
- Open plan lounge/kitchen/diner with original beams, flat-screen TV, DVD and music system.
- The kitchen has an electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and microwave
- Double bedroom with king bed and en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
Things To Note
- The large, well-tended 2.5-acre gardens with garden furniture strategically placed to benefit from the superb 360-degree views are shared with guests staying at one of the other cottages.
- Zip & Link Beds can be split into two single beds – Please request this when booking.
- Home Shopping deliveries are available through Tesco, Sainsbury's and ASDA.
- A shared laundry and drying room which houses a large selection of books, games, DVDs and a gas barbecue for alfresco dining.
- The laundry room with 2 washing machines and a tumble dryer are all coin-operated (£1 for 1 hour)
- Wi-Fi is available throughout.
- Cot and highchair available on request.
- Private parking
Near Howe Cottages comprises of seven cottages, which can be hired individually or together for a fantastic family holiday.
- Saddleback Barn – Sleeps 7 (Reference 569992)
- Bannerdale – Sleeps 4 (Reference 570285)
- Howe End – Sleeps 4 (Reference 570284)
- Howe Top – Sleeps 2 (Reference 570283)
- Grisdale View – Sleeps 4 (Reference 570281)
- Sharp Edge – Sleeps 2 (Reference 270286)
- Stable Barn – Sleeps 4 (Reference 570280)
Guests will benefit from being within very easy reach of the A66, midway between the lovely Cumbrian market town of Penrith and Keswick. Equally close at hand is Ullswater, topped and tailed by Pooley Bridge at the North and Glenridding to the South while in the opposite direction lies the picturesque village of Mungrisdale and further at 'Back o'Skidda' is Caldbeck, the former home of famous huntsman John Peel.
The surrounding area can provide many activities and pastimes, including golf, fishing, pony trekking, boating and walking, from the gentlest of rambles to the most strenuous of fell walks. For the not so energetic, Near Howe is the ideal base from which to tour the magnificent Cumbrian countryside and enjoy the scenic beauty of our lovely Lakeland.
- Keswick – 8 miles
- M6 Motorway Junction 40 – 11 miles
- Windermere – 28 miles
- Ullswater – 7 miles