Cherry How is a two-bedroom, double-storey house situated in the gorgeous village of Patterdale at the southern end of Lake Ullswater.
The stone-fronted house dates back to the 1960s, and it has been fully refurbished throughout to provide a homely holiday house with plenty of space and stunning views!
All the rooms in the house, except the bathroom, have dual-aspect double-glazed windows, with views of the surrounding farmland and dramatic fells. The house is kept toasty-warm thanks to the modern electric radiators, coupled with the wood-burning stove in the living room.
Cherry How also offers a woodland garden to the rear of the house. A clearing provides spaces for outside garden furniture, and the Owners are continuously developing the space whilst taking care not to remove the natural aspect.
- Spacious living room, with original solid wood flooring, leather sofa and two chairs, new wood-burning stove, smart OLED TV with various streaming services, a DVD player and Freesat. Large dual-aspect double-glazed windows allow light to flood the room, and the views are just stunning!
- Kitchen and dining area, a newly-fitted kitchen complete with induction hob and oven, dishwasher, a fridge-freezer, 4-slice toaster, kettle, microwave and a good selection of pots, pans, crockery and utensils. Gather at the dining table, placed in front of the large window, to graze while watching the local Herdwick sheep graze.
- Off the kitchen is a walk-in pantry with shelves to store the groceries and a walk-in utility room with iron, ironing board, vacuum and hanging space for wet coats and walking gear and a door leading to the side of the property.
- Under the stairs is a utility cupboard with a washing machine.
- Upstairs are the two bedrooms, a double bedroom and a twin bedroom. Both provide luxury Egyptian cotton bed sheets, fitted wardrobes, dressing tables and duel-aspect windows, taking in the fabulous lake district views.
- Modern family bathroom with bath and shower over, basin, toilet and cupboard storage. Windows overlooking the rear private garden area.
Things To Note
- Short breaks are available in low and mid-season with a Monday or Friday changeover. Weekly stays are from Friday to Friday.
- The garden is deliberately left natural, ideal for supervised children to explore or relax after a day out exploring.
- Cherry How benefits from superfast broadband with speeds of approx 115Mbs.
- Up to two well-behaved dogs are welcome.
- Parking is available for two cars.
About The Location
Patterdale is a picturesque village situated southern end of Ullswater Lake. The Lakeland village benefits from two pubs, The White Lion and the Patterdale Hotel, and a pretty church, a favourite starting point for walks. The 508 Bus Route operate between Penrith and Windermere, passing the end of the lane.
Adjacent to Patterdale, within walking distance, is Glenridding Village and the Glenridding Ullswater Ferry Landing. You can hop on board one of the boats to Howtown or further to the northern shores of Ullswater Lake for Pooley Bridge.
Suppose you'd rather walk the fabulous Ullswater Way footpath that starts from the cottage and hugs the eastern shore to Pooley Bridge via Howtown. The village is also the starting point for several popular fell walks, including the Striding Edge path up to Helvellyn, Place Fell, High Street, Glenridding Dodd, the Helvellyn range, Fairfield and St Sunday Crag, so you'll be spoilt for choice!
The famous village of Ambleside is a 30-minute drive away, over the dramatic Kirkstone Pass, where you have a variety of pubs, restaurants and cafes. At the northern tip of Windermere Lake, you can again hop on board one of the Windermere Cruise Boats to Bowness Pier, or further to Lakeside at the southern tip, where you'll find the Lakeside Aquarium and Haverthwaite Steam Railway,