Ellie's lodge is a superb family-friendly holiday house, renovated from its former use as a hotel, offering 12 en-suite bedrooms, a bar, an entertainment area, a large open-plan kitchen and living area, hot tub, sauna, table tennis table and more.
The Country House was transformed from its former use as a hotel, to accommodate groups of friends or families for holidays or celebrations. Access to the property is from the large car parking area, shared with the adjacent garden centre. The entrance hallway leads to the ground floor bedrooms, the ladies and gents loo's, disabled loo, staircase and on to the first living room, bar, and entertainment area, open-plan kitchen, and second living area and lastly onto the dining area. The open-plan layout means that nobody feels cut-off from the other guests and there is oodles of space for all.
The rear private garden is ideal for warm sunny days when you can make use of the BBQ and enjoy the hot tub.
All the bedrooms have been beautifully decorated with feather duvets and plush furnishings, each with a separate theme and colour pallet. The Kitchen is modern and large! Forget washing plates, there are two dishwashers for you to use. For longer stays, the utility room offers washing machines and a tumble dryer too.
If you fancy visiting Ulverston Town Centre with its many bars and restaurants, it's just a short 10-minute walk away. Other nearby attractions include the Laurel and Hardy Museum, South Lakes Safari Zoo, Manjushri Kadampa Meditation Centre, Conishead Priory (now occupied by the Buddhist Community), Holker Hall & Gardens and Bardsea Beach. You can also drive to Lakeside and jump on the Windermere Boats to Windermere and Ambleside or buy a day ticket and include the steam Train from Haverthwaite.
Ellie's Lodge is a perfect base from which to explore the South Lake District National Park and all its wonderful attractions.
- Entrance Hall with separate ladies & gents loo's + a disabled cloakroom with basin and loo. (Pull cord alarm and grab handles installed)
- Large living room with board games and books. Electric fire.
- Open-plan modern kitchen with two electric ovens and two induction hobs, a microwave, two double-door fridge/freezers, two dishwashers, crockery, cutlery, pots, and pans.
- Open-plan living area with plush sofa's, wood-burning stove, large 60" smart TV, doorway leading to the garden.
- Open-plan dining area with banquet-style table, doorway leading to the garden.
- Entertainment room with a bar, behind which is glass fridges, pool table, dartboard, and a great sound system. (The beer taps on the bar are decorative only and no longer in use)
- Table-tennis room, leading to the large Sauna.
- Utility room with two washing machines and a tumble dryer, iron and ironing board.
- Derwent Water Suite: One super king-size zip & link bed with an en-suite shower, basin, and loo. (This room is suitable for disabled guests or wheelchair users)
- Thirlmere Suite: A twin room with en-suite walk-in shower, basin, and loo.
- Buttermere Suite: One super king-size zip & link bed, which can be made into a twin on request. En-suite shower, basin, and loo.
- Rydal Suite: One king-size sleigh bed with en-suite shower, basin, and loo.
- Brotherswater Suite: Family room with four single beds and an en-suite shower, basin, and loo (This room can be set up with one super king-size double and one single bed on request).
- Coniston Suite: One super king-size sleigh bed with en-suite shower, basin, and loo.
- Bassenthwaite Suite: One super king-size sleigh bed with en-suite shower, basin, and loo.
- Windermere Suite: One super king-size bed and en-suite freestanding bath, separate shower, basin, and loo.
- Bowness on Windermere: A Twin room with two single beds (accessed via Bassenthwaite Suite).
- Wastwater Suite: One super king-size bed with en-suite shower, basin, and loo.
- Haweswater Suite: A twin with two single beds, an en-suite shower, basin, and loo
- Ullswater Suite: Double bed with en-suite shower, basin, and loo.
- Enclosed garden with outdoor furniture, hot tub, BBQ area, and a large lawn area.
Things to Note
- Pets are not permitted.
- Change-over days are on Fridays or Mondays and short breaks of 2, 3 or 4 nights are available.
- A £600 good housekeeping deposit will be required 7-days prior to arrival.
Ulverston is a market town situated on the Furness Peninsula, eight miles north-east of Barrow-in-Furness and four miles south of the Lake District. Ulverston's most prominent landmark is Hoad Monument, a concrete structure built in 1850 to commemorate statesman and local resident Sir John Barrow. The monument is open to the public and provides views of the surrounding area, including Morecambe Bay and parts of the Lake District. The Ulverston Canal was once an important aspect of the town's economy, however, it is no longer navigable but still great to walk along.
Situated on the A590, it's straightforward to reach from Jct 36 of the M6 and links to many other popular destinations. There is a train station in Ulverston which links to the West Coast mainline at Lancaster, so guests visiting from other regions can reach the area with ease by train too.