The Ground Floor:
The living room, dining area and fully-equipped kitchen, with Lakeland stone worktops, is open-plan and spacious, making a great space to gather in the evenings in front of the roaring open fire. Leading off from the living area, through the original oak panelled entrance hall, is a large drying room, laundry room, and downstairs WC, ideal for drying wet walking gear and boots, with plenty of room for mountain bikes - dry and secure.
Three spacious bedrooms - a double, single and twin- benefit from beautiful views of the surrounding fells. A modern shower room with a basin and toilet.
The splendid natural garden surrounds the farmhouse and offers a tranquil mix of wild and grass areas ideal for barbecues and picnics, and the southerly views of Hartsop Dodd and Dovedale are superb. Parture Beck runs below the bottom of the garden, fenced off for safety. It can be accessed via a public footpath running adjacent to the property. The garden is a magnet for the local wildlife and birds, with badgers and red squirrels regular visitors.
High Beckside dates from the 17th century, so it comes with uneven stairs, low door frames and exposed beams. Taller guests should take care. While the garden is enclosed, it is not dog-escape-proof. Please keep an eye on children and dogs when playing near the river.
- The Rental price includes bed linen and towels, a starter supply of toilet paper, tea, coffee and sugar. WiFi, central heating and electricity. Wood and coal for the first night.
- Up to two well-behaved dogs are welcome - £15.00 per week - Additional dogs by arrangement.
- Changeover Day: Monday or Friday
- Short Breaks are available from 1st October to Easter Weekend, excluding half-term holidays, Christmas week and New Year week, or within 30 days of arrival.
- A travel cot is available on request.
- This property is decorated at Christmas, including a tree.