Mere Lodge is a gorgeous two-bedroom lake-front property with uninterrupted views across Windermere and on to the fell's beyond. The lodge has been beautifully decorated throughout to a very high standard to offer high-spec holiday accommodation for friends or families.
Situated on the 5* Fallbarrow Park in Bowness-on-Windermere, you are just a short walk to the various bars, restaurants, cafes and of course, the boats. Guests are welcome to bring along kayaks or canoes, which you may launch directly in front of the lodge. The outside patio is spacious, with outside tables and chairs provided. A short stroll away from the lodge, in the park, is the onsite bar and restaurant.
The park benefits from a range of nearby attractions, amenities, shops and restaurants to suit all tastes. From Bowness, you can hop on board one of the Windermere Lake Cruises that links to Brockhole, Ambleside and Lakeside (at the lake's southern end where the Lakeside Aquarium and the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway are situated).
- Bright and spacious open plan lounge, kitchen and dining area
- The lounge area has full-length picture windows looking onto the water and the plentiful ducks.
- 2 and 3 seater fabric sofas plus coffee table
- Wall-mounted 42" Sony flat-screen Smart TV, with Freeview HD channels.
- Feature electric fire
- There is a Blu Ray DVD player plus Panasonic CD/DAB unit with Bluetooth connectivity for your entertainment.
Kitchen area & Dining area:
- The well equipped and appointed fitted kitchen includes a built-in electric oven with gas hob, full-size fridge and freezer, dishwasher, microwave, kettle and toaster, cutlery and crockery, plus plenty of storage space
- Island sink and preparation area with drawers.
- Oak dining table with four chairs with french patio doors.
- Matching oak dresser unit with placemats, coasters, DVDs and games.
- King size bed, fitted wardrobes and bedside drawers
- Wall-mounted Smart TV with Freeview channels.
- En suite shower room with walk-in rain shower, toilet, a hand basin, vanity unit and a radiator/towel rail. Underfloor heating.
- Two 3'0" x 6'3" single beds, bedside drawer and free standing wardrobe
- The family bathroom consists of a full-size bath with an over-bath thermostatic mixer shower, a toilet and a hand basin. Underfloor heating and heated towel rail,
Things to note
- There is dedicated parking for two cars
- Mere Lodge is a single-story property; however, access is via seven steps to the porch.
- A washer/dryer + storage for walking gear and coats is in the hallway boiler cupboard.
- Full central heating through and double glazing, ensuring a comfortable stay all year round.
- There is insufficient space to fit a travel cot in any of the bedrooms and would have to be placed in the living room area. Please bring your own travel cot and highchair as they are not provided.
- Pets are not permitted.
- There is no BBQ. However, guests may use a disposable BBQ placed on the stone slab provided.
- Complimentary WiFi is provided by the park and subject to fair usage guidelines. The quality and reliability of connection will vary based on the number of people using it, prevailing weather conditions and therefore, may be limited or slower than you are used to. WiFi is for personal use only and is not intended for high data usage, gaming and/or use for business purposes. There is also an excellent 4g mobile signal.
- Guests staying at Fallbarrow Park during January and February should note that there will be limited onsite facilities. The reception will be open, but the Boathouse Bar and Restaurant will be closed. There are plenty of bars, restaurants and cafes nearby in Bowness-on-Windermere, just a short 5 minute walk away.
About the location
The World of Beatrix Potter attraction and the Old Laundry theatre are 0.5 miles away. Orrest Head, where Alfred Wainwright was inspired to write his series of iconic guidebooks, is a 30-minute walk to enjoy the spectacular panorama of far-reaching views over the lake and surrounding fell's. Brockhole, which offers high-wire treetop experiences, is less than two miles away, and the historic villages of Grasmere, Ambleside and Troutbeck are a short drive away.
There are also various watersports on offer for the more energetic at marine centres along the lake. The area is ideally situated for exploring all that this region has to offer, whether by foot, bike, car, railway or bus; and is within easy reach of attractions such as the spectacular Langdales, Beatrix Potter’s Hill Top House at Far Sawrey, Coniston, Grizedale Forest Park, with its delightful walks and famous outdoor sculptures, mountain biking and “Go-Ape” adventure park, Ullswater, Kendal, Keswick, stone circles, Roman forts and England's highest mountain, Scafell Pike.
- Windermere Train Station – 1.5 miles
- Ambleside – 5 miles
- Kendal – 7 miles.