We're sorry to tell you that, due to the social distancing requirements, the leisure facilities will be closed until the restrictions are lifted.
Styhead Tarn is a fully-equipped 3-bedroom Lodge situated on a private holiday park in the heart of Lake District National Park with communal leisure facilities and surrounded by natural woodland. From the Park is a superb choice of walking paths including routes to Skelwith Bridge and the Talbot Pub, Elterwater and the Britannia Inn, Grasmere, Ambleside and Chaple Stile.
The elevated position of the holiday lodge means that you have a quiet private space, not overlooked by any of the other holiday-makers. The large south-facing outdoor area with wooden furniture benefits from views over the estate and onto Black Fell and Park Fell. The communal leisure complex, use of which is included in the hire, offers an indoor heated pool, jacuzzi, sauna and a table-tennis table which makes it perfect for families looking for hot tub holidays in the Lake District.
- Double bedroom – North-facing aspect. Double bed, carpeted, fitted wardrobes and french doors leading out onto the patio. Electric radiator, dressing table and bedside tables with lamps.
- Twin bedroom – South-facing aspect, two single beds, carpeted, fitted wardrobes, electric radiator, bedside table with lamp.
- Bunk Room – East-facing aspect, two single bunk beds at 90-degree angles, carpeted, fitted wardrobe under the top bunk bed.
- Glass walk-in shower with electric shower unit, toilet, separate basin with a 115/230v shaver point, mirror and under-sink storage cupboard and an electric towel rail.
- Open-plan with kitchen and Dining area.
- French doors leading out onto the patio.
- Large 6-seat leather L-shaped sofa with cushions.
- Free-view TV with HDMI input and a DVD player and a large selection of DVDs.
- Wall-mounted electric fire-effect heater unit.
Kitchen / Dining
- L-Shaped kitchen with electric oven, hob and extractor fan.
- Under counter Fridge (no freezer)
- Toaster, Kettle and microwave and a good selection of pots, pans, crockery etc.
- Expandable dining table seating up to 6 people.
- Single door leading to the garden area.
Things To Note
- Thee Lodge accepts bookings from 1st March to 15th November and for Christmas & New Year.
- There are six shallow steps from the parking area to the front door.
- Laundry facilities are available in the leisure complex.
- There is no WiFi, but there is excellent 4G mobile phone coverage.
- Towels are not provided so please do bring these with you.
- Home shopping deliveries are available via Sainsbury's, ASDA & Tesco.
About The Location
Styhead Tarn is situated in an area called Loughrigg, 2.5 miles from Ambleside and at the entrance to the Great Langdale Valley. It is an ideal base for walkers with the Langdale Pikes nearby Loughrigg on your doorstep and many other fells closeby.
Within walking distance is the Talbot Bar, part of the Skelwith Bridge Hotel which offers great food, the award-winning Chesters By The River, The Britannia Inn at Elterwater and if you fancy a bit of a longer walk, your have Waignrights Inn with excellent Ales and food, and at the end of the Valley in Chaple Stile is the New Dungeon Ghyll hotel and Walkers Bar.
Conveniently, at the bottom of the lane is the bus stop with frequent busses going to Windermere and the train station, via Ambleside or in the other direction to Coniston where you can jump aboard one of the boats at the Coniston Launch. From Ambleside or Windermere, you can catch the 555 Explorer Bus which links to Keswick via Grasmere and Rydal and in the opposite direction to Kendal. We would recommend the Lake District explorer ticket, which is a "Hop-on Hop-off" ticket on any of the busses.